** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

1 hour ago, HuskermanMike said:

Will we get this thread to 200 pages by the Iowa game? If we do Scott will see how much appreciation Husker nation has for him and he will come home. If not, who knows who the next coach will be, Tommy Frazier, Faux Pelini, heck even Joe Daily might take the job. We don't need those guys leading the program, we need SF to take us to new heights!

Would be surprised if we don’t. 45 pages in 5 days is 9 pages a day or 450 posts. Very possible 

32 minutes ago, lo country said:

Welcome to the board.  Regardless of the outcome, I hope you stick around.  Always good to have other fans views.

I've been a fan of NU for quite some time.  I've seen the ultimate highs and the current lowest of lows.  

If you've never lived in Nebraska, the Huskers are hard to explain. The Huskers define Nebraska and Nebraskan's.  It's the only game in town. No competing colleges, no pro sports, nada.  We have the college world series and that's it. Frost is one of us.  A native son, the prodigal son returning home.  Y'all like him as he has got your program turned around.  We want the same.  Our last great year was with him at the helm.  He, more than any current coach available understands the fishbowl, the culture and the pressure that at times, could crush a diamond.   Most, myself included, see him as the guy who can get us back.  He has a long, storied, tumultuous and glorious history as a Husker.  Something a lot of UCF fans might have heard about, but only recently.  Twenty plus years after the events.  Many fans on this board remember his recruiting, going to Stanford, booing at ASU, booing when he came back and then cheering for him when he had one of the most impassioned speeches after beating UT.....and balled out like nobodies business.  He played angry, with an edge (for 2 years).  He has been the goat and the GOAT...  The fans at NU are knowledgeable, passionate and will defend NU, Nebraska and Frost.  It's simply what we do.  

I have a good friend who is a UCF grad.  We talk about Frost and only now is he realizing what a phenomenal "get" Frost was.  from his college days, experience in the NFL, coaching tree and coaching experience.  Again, many on this board, myself included wanted him hired when Pelini was fired.  Wanting him home is nothing new.  In fact, one theory was Riley was simply hired to be the bridge as the anti-Bo until such time we could offer Frost.  The implosion if this season, sped that timeline up.  

Lastly, a lot of Huskers follow former Huskers and where they are now or programs that run good systems.  I know guys who have Ohio Bobcat gear and have followed UCF since last year.  Folks know how Liberty (Gill) and Campbell (Minter) are doing.  Many can tell you where former Huskers are assistants and give updates in Huskers in the NFL.   Its what this fan base truly is.  Maybe "obsessed" is too strong of a word, but they are passionate and follow their Huskers at every level.  Nothing new.

Best of luck the rest of the season.  Would love to see Frost do well and go out on top this season.

None of the UCF fans knew what we were getting with Frost. Most of us looked at it as a pretty good hire with question marks. We were happier that he chose us over Syracuse (which felt like confirmation of how far our program has come) than that we got him specifically. 

Nebraska fans are definitely passionate, that's just not a thing in most of Florida. Our fans are more like Miami fans than anything else. The big question for me is: does Frost want that?

Passionate fans are fun to play against, not so fun when they get your address, talk to your wife while she's shopping for groceries, etc. We're hoping that he wants to coach for a few more years in a low-pressure environment, similar to Spurrier golfing all the time at UF. 

But he's smart. He might be seeing that the environment has changed and if he wants to retire in Nebraska, someone else might take the job he wants. He might also be a competitor who sees that the coaches that are successfully strike when the iron is hot. *shrug

I just hope he finishes the season. 

2 minutes ago, Sker4Ever said:

“we are reporting that IF approached by Nebraska, GT Johnson would recommend Navy and Army coaches.” 

What kind of crap context is that?  So we are now reporting what someone will say if they are approached???

• Plus1 1

A big reason why UCF has an outside chance in my view is the possibility to have no undefeated power 5 teams and no 1 loss power 5 champions outside of the ACC. This year will be very intriguing if there is chaos next weekend and in the CC games. every year we think it can't be as complicated as last year was yet this year is proving to be possibly doubly so.

14 minutes ago, caveman99 said:

The idea of the playoff was not to reward the most deserving teams, but rather select the BEST 4 teams to play for the title. Good stories aren’t the focus, team quality is. 

A large part of creating the playoff was definitely to eliminate questions when there happened to be 3 undefeated teams, G5 teams included.

It should definitely be about finding out who's better, and not trying too create a story. But how can you say that the undefeated G5 team isn't better than a P5 team that lost at home to isu with a back up qb? Or an undefeated Wisc team gets left out in favor of a 2nd SEC team just because Wisc played in the weakest division of all P5 teams.

On paper, in the grand scheme of things, a 1 or 2 loss ou or osu team is the "better" team with more nfl talent, and so on...  But on paper NU should be better than ucf this year too, and we definitely aren't. Recruiting rankings and strength of schedule have nothing to do with proving who the better team is when comparing head-to-head. There is no reason to eliminate a deserving team for those "reasons" (presumptions).

Edited by Oade

Sharp and Benning continued to say last night that they thought that Nebraska would be the one to break the story on the new head coach very similar to the way the AD hire took place. In other words, they continue to believe it is going to be no one is talking about right now.

They dumb.

Sharp and Benning continued to say last night that they thought that Nebraska would be the one to break the story on the new head coach very similar to the way the AD hire took place. In other words, they continue to believe it is going to be no one is talking about right now.

If not Frost, it better be the biggest home run ever.  We simply can't afford to botch this.

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, Sker4Ever said:

One difference, Scott Frost will be our Head Coach 

2 hours ago, ATS Knight said:

I'm a UCF fan that has been lurking on this board for several weeks. I usually lurk on the UCF & AAC boards as well. You can think I'm something else if you would like. A few things I thought would be helpful to share:

1) I'm from the East Coast, but I have always had an appreciation for people from the midwest, and y'all have one of the most reasonable, polite fanbases I've ever seen. I really wish that UCF had cooler headed fans and boards like this one. UCF fans still hate Louisville and others because of their fans and yours have been pretty level-headed and fantastic.

2) The main reasons why there is so much Nebraska hate on the UCF board is because UCF fans are afraid of losing our coach and being reactive to the Nebraska fans that have shown up. There haven't been many and they haven't been that bad, but the Rivals board is usually unmoderated and it only takes a few trolls and a few posts to prompt reactive posts much later.

3) TY for being kind to the UCF fanbase. Our fans are pretty young. I'm in my 30s and there weren't a lot of non-Miami, UF, FSU fans on campus when I was there. We are just building up the main core of our fanbase, so there aren't a lot of older fans to talk sense. 

4) Most of us know that Frost is probably gone. Ignoring the Chip Kelly rumors, UF and Nebraska seem equally possible. UF has a lot of the advantages of UCF and then some and Nebraska is home. A lot of UCF fans don't understand the concept of home, so they attack the weather and lack of theme parks in the hope that Frost doesn't understand it either. I'm not convinced. I lived in the midwest a couple years and I understand the urge to go back, despite the weather. And I'm not even from there.

5) UCF is not a bad job, but our best hope is in Frost's hatred. We hope that he hates living in a fishbowl and remembers the boos and sees Nebraska fans trying to recruit him and wonders how long he could be there before they start recruiting the next guy. We hope that he loves being anonymous in Orlando, loves recruiting in his backyard, and loves the weather. 

6) Many of us are aware of the fact that he has not denied anything. If he wasn't looking, he would say so. Only a handful are delusional enough to think that he's not looking around and is too inept to know how to say "I'm at UCF next year".

TL;DR: Y'all are nice, UCF fans are young, Frost is probably gone, we're not sure when. 

Welcome to our board and your input on UCF fans. Know that many of us are rooting for you guys to win out your season and go to a good bowl game. 

We all love Scott and do want him to come home. Those of us who are older remember when he played here during our Golden Years.

I'm sad when I hear that some Nebraska fans have been jerks on other boards. Know that that isn't the norm. Most of us love football and enjoy talking about it with anyone. Again, welcome and best wishes for the remainder of your season.

• Plus1 1