** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

11 minutes ago, Bruce1981 said:

Not what I said at all. Reading comprehension?  Do you have it?

haha,  I understood what you said. Did you really think you were going to create an account on a board that has posters trashing NU to defend NU and not end up flaming? Some of us are actually smarter than that... but like you said "you do you"

Edited by Bornhusker
11 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Yes, we cannot talk to employed coaches directly until after the last regular season game is my understanding. Until then we have as much of a guarantee that Frost is coming as we can possibly get. 

Can't wait for next weekend then. Hopefully anyways, I wouldn't be surprised if they wait until after the conference championship game if UCF beats USF.

From what I know and can tell Moos is the better AD than at least UCLA and Florida.

Moos helped build an Oregon program.

Moos hired Mike Leach, who at the time of his hiring was the biggest name head coach, and he got him to go to Pullman, WA and take over a terrible WSU program

Guerrero at UCLA hasn't really done much. Lots of potential it seems in Pasadena, but he hasn't done anything with it, sort of like Mora's career.

Florida's AD, well, just look at this past month to see how he's doing.

Bo was supposed to bring this program back to national prominence but he was fired bc he only won 9 games a year and he was an A**hole.

Now the fanbase thinks SF will be the second coming of Tom Osborne.

What if Neb gets SF at 5 mill a year for 7 years and 3 years in we haven't won a Nat title or Big ten title? will the fans turn on him also?

how may years are you willing to give SF? If you get him and then run him off, Neb will become a career killer and good luck getting anyone next time around.

Just now, Sparker said:

I'm not trying to argue with you. All I said was I wish I was as confident as you. I hope all of this is true, but I don't know.

I totally understand where you're coming from Sparker. I can only tell you why I am confident and why I believe Nebraska is not messing around this time.

We are now represented by very smart men throughout all administrative levels (Bounds, Green, Moos).

Bounds and Green get how serious this is and that's why Eichorst was removed when he was. 

The timing of that move was nearly perfect. After the N. Illinois loss, fans wanted some sign that this nightmare was going to end and they got it.

Don't forget, they already knew all the crap that is coming out now about Eichorst and Devaney dictating moves within the FB program.

It was surely no mistake, and no small deal, that a former Husker legend became the interim AD.

The hiring of Bill Moos came out of left field for many, but given his previous experience, perhaps it shouldn't have.

I've asked this question before, but have you ever heard of a new AD singing the praises of one, and only one, potential head coaching candidate?

After Moos had been here a while, he was pretty emphatic about not firing a head coach during the season.

The losses piled up and other big name schools started firing their head coaches yet Moos didn't flinch in sticking with Riley til the end.

Yesterday I was a bit concerned about the leaking of salary information. Who would do that? And why? 

And then there was the amount... A 7 year contract at $5 million per year? For a guy that has been a HC for 2 years?

If true, that kind of contract would be signal that Nebraska means business and anyone else would have to get into a serious bidding war.

Then there is the whole unity angle. Who can unify this fan base and keep that stadium full? How much is that worth to the university?

Finally, there is a fair amount of anecdotal information...

How often does a guy describe someplace as his dream job?

The radio color guy was really the best man in his wedding?

His former HC flew to Florida to give an inspirational talk to his team?

His mom and dad were both Nebraska high school head coaches that are retired in Lincoln?

Yes, it's conjecture and I would hate to be wrong. But at some point, you either have to believe it or doubt it until something tangible happens.

The really great news is that if Scott Frost becomes our next head coach, it will be because Nebraska is THE place he wants to be.

• Plus1 2

1 minute ago, formerfan8 said:

Bo was supposed to bring this program back to national prominence but he was fired bc he only won 9 games a year and he was an A**hole.

What if Neb gets SF at 5 mill a year for 7 years and 3 years in we haven't won a Nat title or Big ten title? will the fans turn on him also?

how may years are you willing to give SF? If you get him and then run him off, Neb will become a career killer and good luck getting anyone next time around.

Bo would still be here if he wasn't an a-hole. How many titles did he win in his first 3? Scott will be given time and the fanbase is willing to give him it. 

• Plus1 4
1 minute ago, formerfan8 said:

I am fine with Frost being here at least 10 years. Don't care really of his results, because there will at least always be hope for the following season that he can learn and turn things around.

Side note, don't know how one can be a former fan of Nebraska. Once a Husker, always a Husker.

• Plus1 1