** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

Like others have said in other threads, getting Frost would be great, but if he goes another direction there are at least ten other coaches who would be good.

The teams UCF has beat are nothing special ,the way Frost and his crew have built up the team from scratch is the most impressive.
Whoever we get will have to be a guy who knows how to build a college program with continuity to work us back to the top over time.
I'm not worried about the AD picking a dud this time, hope my gut feeling is right.

The haters need to keep in mind husker fans are smart football fans. If we are in year 3 and 4 and don't have a conference or national title but we see good competitive football week in and week out and team is becoming more and more consistent every year and inching closer NO heat would be on frost. We know it is not over night success. Riley is out in year 3 cause the team is not getting better, it's getting worse. If a coach deserves to be fired they deserve to be fired it doesn't mean we are impatient 

• Plus1 1

At least in Frost's presser, he did not deny the existence of ongoing rumors.  he denied that a deal was complete....It's not what he said, but what he didn't that has me feeling pretty good.  I'm sure neither UCF nor NU was happy with the leak.  Then again, might have been made to "confirm" there will be an opening and Frost is our new HC.  Keep UF/UT/ etc from trying or to look elsewhere....

"That’s just totally false,” Frost said following UCF’s 45-19 win over Temple. “I haven’t paid any attention to all of these whirlwind rumors and everything and I’m not going to. I got an unbelievable team I’m coaching and I can promise you that no decision has been made.”

Doesn't say an offer hasn't been made.  Leaves it open, IMHO, that discussions are known and on going.....maybe he comes to NU, maybe not.  It least appears that NU is definitely in contact with his agent at a minimum..

My feeling is that Chip Kelly would prefer UCLA (word is that he wants a west coast job PLUS he understands the lay of the land in the Pac 12). I still feel that Frost and Company are going to be most interested in NU. The only question is what the final numbers will be and the leaked numbers are probably just the Opening Bid. 

1 minute ago, lo country said:

Maybe he hasn't gotten the contract yet!  

Yeah, maybe, but I'm pretty sure they've discussed it, he has no reason to wait to give a decision, and he pretty much said he's not interested. Why he would do that is a mystery to me when he could easily say they discussing terms to see if he's interested or something like that. 
To me it sounds like the Florida job is completely up in the air at this time, but what would I know about them.... just passing on my impression of how he acted.

The only real job I worry about for Frost competition (outside of UCF and NU) would be if Jimbo Fisher decides to pull up stakes from FSU and take another job.  FSU has nearly everything Nebraska can offer (minus his alma mater) and could put together a stupid huge financial package.

Edited by Xmas32