** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

3 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

Go to 2:17 and watch that play. This is why I love the Frost offense so much. Against Maryland he ran a triple option out of this formation and in the Temple game it was a pass. Same exact motion, same formation, completely different play. 

I get that Frost is a good coach with a great offense, but what you just said could be said of the Langsdorf offense minus the triple option. Every decent  playbook has these type of concepts aka being mutiple out of one look. It is really satisfying to see a certain action develop and evolve over the course of a game or season though. 

• Plus1 2

I wont be sold on Chip Kelly to Florida until it is officially announced. Seems odd to me that Kelly and Florida had been in "talks" for weeks with false leaks that he would be named the head coach on such and such date, only to have nothing materialize. Then suddenly, UCLA fires their coach and everyone says the Bruins are going hard at Chip Kelly, even had his agent landing in Los Angeles. Then a few hours later Florida is flying to New Hampshire to get a contract signed by Chip Kelly and we are all told it is a done deal.

Of all the timings Chip Kelly named Florida head coach, this one seems the oddest. Doesn't fit what moves have been done. I really wouldn't be surprised if this was a last ditch effort on UF's side to try and get Kelly before UCLA did. Maybe they came out with a done deal with Kelly as head coach? Or maybe they came away empty handed and we heard about Kelly to LA soon.

Again, just like how it didn't make sense if Chip Kelly was Florida's guy why they wouldn't have announced it weeks ago to get going on their future, them apparently having a done deal and signed contract, yet no official statement from the university also doesn't make sense.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, BoneyardHusker said:

I wont be sold on Chip Kelly to Florida until it is officially announced. Seems odd to me that Kelly and Florida had been in "talks" for weeks with false leaks that he would be named the head coach on such and such date, only to have nothing materialize. Then suddenly, UCLA fires their coach and everyone says the Bruins are going hard at Chip Kelly, even had his agent landing in Los Angeles. Then a few hours later Florida is flying to New Hampshire to get a contract signed by Chip Kelly and we are all told it is a done deal.

Of all the timings Chip Kelly named Florida head coach, this one seems the oddest. Doesn't fit what moves have been done. I really wouldn't be surprised if this was a last ditch effort on UF's side to try and get Kelly before UCLA did. Maybe they came out with a done deal with Kelly as head coach? Or maybe they came away empty handed and we heard about Kelly to LA soon.

Again, just like how it didn't make sense if Chip Kelly was Florida's guy why they wouldn't have announced it weeks ago to get going on their future, them apparently having a done deal and signed contract, yet no official statement from the university also doesn't make sense.

Edited by jessica0
1 minute ago, BoneyardHusker said:

Word from a writer at 247 was because there were several contingencies in his contract with the 49ers that took them a lot longer than planned to get the details figured out so he wouldn’t lose the money from the 49ers

1 hour ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

No, he doesn't.  Academic side only.  However, you never know what may make him change his mind.

But he sure sat, in his bright red husker sweatshirt, next to his bf Bill Gates when we played at Washington a few years back.  

Just kidding. Kind of. Someone tell WB that the academics improve with a good football program b