** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

2 minutes ago, irafreak said:

I missed that...hopefully it was early in the thread or I'll be digging for a while...

She didn't 'wig out'. She's just passionate about women being respected for their opinions just like men are.  She has as much knowledge about football as any guy on this board. In my opinion, Moraine is very much respected on this board.

• Plus1 2

19 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

She didn't 'wig out'. She's just passionate about women being respected for their opinions just like men are.  She has as much knowledge about football as any guy on this board. In my opinion, Moraine is very much respected on this board.

so I'm digging for nothing?

1 hour ago, BoneyardHusker said:

Or this was Florida's last ditch effort to try and get Chip Kelly before UCLA did, Chip Kelly turned them down and he is named UCLA head coach tomorrow morning.

I wont be sold on Chip Kelly to Florida until it is officially announced. Seems odd to me that Kelly and Florida had been in "talks" for weeks with false leaks that he would be named the head coach on such and such date, only to have nothing materialize. Then suddenly, UCLA fires their coach and everyone says the Bruins are going hard at Chip Kelly, even had his agent landing in Los Angeles. Then a few hours later Florida is flying to New Hampshire to get a contract signed by Chip Kelly and we are all told it is a done deal.

Of all the timings Chip Kelly named Florida head coach, this one seems the oddest. Doesn't fit what moves have been done. I really wouldn't be surprised if this was a last ditch effort on UF's side to try and get Kelly before UCLA did. Maybe they came out with a done deal with Kelly as head coach? Or maybe they came away empty handed and we heard about Kelly to LA soon.

Again, just like how it didn't make sense if Chip Kelly was Florida's guy why they wouldn't have announced it weeks ago to get going on their future, them apparently having a done deal and signed contract, yet no official statement from the university also doesn't make sense.

All I am saying, you never know with this guy. Google Chip Kelly to the Buccaneers.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2012/1/23/2726865/chip-kelly-tampa-bay-buccaneers-oregon-ducks

2 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

So UF sent 6 people to New Hampshire and the AD and failed to come back with a signed contract. They failed to close. We will see if that dooms them in when Chip meets with UCLA. 

I mean I hate to say I told you so, but.....

• Plus1 1
29 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

Moiraine had one of the most sensible comments I've seen on here.....if Eichorst was deadset on firing Pelini, why didn't he do it a year earlier when Bo asked to be fired and he could've landed Patterson?

He wanted to/was supposed to.  But he couldn't get enough boosters on board to pull the trigger.  That's why there was a four-day (or so) delay between the Iowa game and when he announced that Pelini would be back.

• Plus1 3