** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

The (relative) silence from our local husker media ombrés is very telling I think. Everyone knows Riley is gone, them included. UCLA telling Mora to beat it (just beat it, oooo) kicks this carousel into over drive. I would expect to see them saying as such as well as things like “Moos better be getting after it right now” — that is, if they didn’t already know some one (#7) is locked down. Didn’t Sean Callahan tweet and quickly delete “Scott Frost is Nebraska’s next coach” last week...

They are in the know, I have a sneaking suspicion. 

So UF tried to go after Frost, was told no, then they start with Chip, they go back to Frost and again were told no, then UCLA news breaks, then UF gets desperate and takes their entire team to New Hampshire to close, they failed to close, now Chip is speaking with UCLA on Monday. 

This is why you don't do a coaching search in public and why you do work behind closed doors BEFORE you fire a head coach. This entire UF soap opera makes it clear UF did zero work behind closed doors before firing their head coach. 

22 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

I went and visited the forum where it is posted. That poster has been pretending to have the inside story on everything Frost for a while now. And Davison would never share something like that with strangers and it isn't even first hand account info. It's a troll post to get a reaction out of people. 

Really ?... wow , uh.... 

www.pot.kettle.black.com

• Plus1 5

4 minutes ago, Mavric said:

He wanted to/was supposed to.  But he couldn't get enough boosters on board to pull the trigger.  That's why there was a four-day (or so) delay between the Iowa game and when he announced that Pelini would be back.

That somewhat surprises me that after 6 years of relative meh with Pelini (and his flirtations with other jobs) that a proven commodity like Patterson wasn't sufficient.

Just now, secretasianman said:

Really ?... wow , uh.... 

www.pot.kettle.black.com

I don't post info about Scott Frost, his family, and the like as my own info. 

I will post what I know about UNL and Frost when the right time comes around. Until then I am keeping it silent. It will be an epic post when I depart. 

• Plus1 1
35 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

Moiraine had one of the most sensible comments I've seen on here.....if Eichorst was deadset on firing Pelini, why didn't he do it a year earlier when Bo asked to be fired and he could've landed Patterson?

Check the thread on Perlman and read the article.

......and Pelini didn't "ask" to be fired.  Pelini and Osborne were both well aware of what Perlman was up to.

7 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

I don't post info about Scott Frost, his family, and the like as my own info. 

I will post what I know about UNL and Frost when the right time comes around. Until then I am keeping it silent. It will be an epic post when I depart. 

Ok, well I’ll be sure to tune in.  Same bat time, same bat channel.

6 minutes ago, hskrpwr13 said:

That somewhat surprises me that after 6 years of relative meh with Pelini (and his flirtations with other jobs) that a proven commodity like Patterson wasn't sufficient.

Patterson was being considered when Pelini was hired, not when Riley was hired.

12 minutes ago, secretasianman said:

Really ?... wow , uh.... 

www.pot.kettle.black.com

That is way too many domains. Equivalent of tv shows using IP addresses like 904.642.666.4007. This is 2017, c'mon man! 

1 minute ago, DirtySanchezButtFumbler said:

I would be sharting left and right if we were in the soap opera UF is in right now...

Only the butt fumbler could aim em...

Edited by runningblind

I'm glad our people at NU are smarter than the people at UF.  This roller coaster of a public spectacle must be rough for their fans.  Chip Kelly has to know that he's UF's second choice. 

I'm good with the way Moos has handled this.  The drama in Nebraska is being generated by us fans, not the U.

And I still think Scott comes home when it's all done.