** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

18 minutes ago, LaFlamaBlanca said:

The (relative) silence from our local husker media ombrés is very telling I think. Everyone knows Riley is gone, them included. UCLA telling Mora to beat it (just beat it, oooo) kicks this carousel into over drive. I would expect to see them saying as such as well as things like “Moos better be getting after it right now” — that is, if they didn’t already know some one (#7) is locked down. Didn’t Sean Callahan tweet and quickly delete “Scott Frost is Nebraska’s next coach” last week...

They are in the know, I have a sneaking suspicion. 

Think the Sean Callahan tweet was found to be from a parody account and so it was false.

But I do agree with you on the local medias reaction to everything. I think they do know more but are keeping it under wraps. Otherwise I think there would be more panic or at least more attention to the major job openings and the current cluster Florida is in and how that all could affect Nebraska's coaching search.

3 minutes ago, Kiz said:

I'm glad our people at NU are smarter than the people at UF.  This roller coaster of a public spectacle must be rough for their fans.  Chip Kelly has to know that he's UF's second choice. 

I'm good with the way Moos has handled this.  The drama in Nebraska is being generated by us fans, not the U.

And I still think Scott comes home when it's all done.

RSS trolls creating most of the drama. There is another troll post on RSS tonight. Poster is located from AZ. I bet it is the same troll on Twitter. 

3 minutes ago, Kiz said:

I'm glad our people at NU are smarter than the people at UF.  This roller coaster of a public spectacle must be rough for their fans.  Chip Kelly has to know that he's UF's second choice. 

I'm good with the way Moos has handled this.  The drama in Nebraska is being generated by us fans, not the U.

And I still think Scott comes home when it's all done.

If Moos lands Frost at the end of this, he will come off as the most experienced, smart and mature AD out there and an absolute home run hire by UNL.

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

Think the Sean Callahan tweet was found to be from a parody account and so it was false.

But I do agree with you on the local medias reaction to everything. I think they do know more but are keeping it under wraps. Otherwise I think there would be more panic or at least more attention to the major job openings and the current cluster Florida is in and how that all could affect Nebraska's coaching search.

Makes sense.  Guys in the local media have local,contacts that are connected enough to let them know.  Media is savvy enough to sit on this as they know they all want to be "that guy" with the new staff and AD.  Leak what you know or ask a question about what you know and the new staff comes in and you are left in the cold.....That's what I'm hoping the silence is for.

3 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

RSS trolls creating most of the drama. There is another troll post on RSS tonight. Poster is located from AZ. I bet it is the same troll on Twitter. 

I just saw it, I don't have an account but the title does make me worry, not to say I believe that guy or not, but I have always worried with Moos that since he's an outsider he may come in here and try to show us a better candidate then the entire fan base, state, school, wants and think "his" guy can bring this program back up.

3 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

If Moos lands Frost at the end of this, he will come off as the most experienced, smart and mature AD out there and an absolute home run hire by UNL.

With all the media hype surrounding UF and Frost getting some national love with the whole NU, UT, UF drama, I agree it's a home run hire.  Especially when NU is not looked at as desirable or an up and coming program and then one of the top G5 coach chooses NU....

12 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

As for as the Nebraska media, they are silent as can be right now. I haven't seen or heard of any Nebraska media or employee of UNL denying the Lars tweet. 

And what does that tell you?

Nothing. If its BS why would they waste the energy?

18 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Remember when posters were freaking out that Florida had a head start on their coaching search and that Nebraska needed to fire Riley immediately to catch up?

Yes! My goodness, "fire him tonight!" was every other post. Patience people, act like you know what you are doing.

Edited by runningblind
  • Plus1 1
29 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Check the thread on Perlman and read the article.

......and Pelini didn't "ask" to be fired.  Pelini and Osborne were both well aware of what Perlman was up to.

I use "ask" loosely in that Bo was daring them and wasn't about to go along with what they wanted, whatever that might have been.