** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

1 minute ago, Hayseed said:

I don't see it that way. You don't hire Moos to get Frost...... you hire Moos because you need a competent AD if you can't get Frost. Scott could come out tomorrow and say thanks but no thanks and it most likely would have nothing to do with anything Bill Moos could do about it. 

No I know, and I just hope at the end of it IF it isn't Frost that we are told Nebraska went after him hard and did whatever we could to get him. If Frost doesn't come here let it be told that he turned us down but we tried as hard as we could.

I just don't want to wake up one morning and hear we hired Johnson from Georgia Tech and then finding out we couldn't come to terms with Frost.

• Plus1 2

1 minute ago, BoneyardHusker said:

No I know, and I just hope at the end of it IF it isn't Frost that we are told Nebraska went after him hard and did whatever we could to get him. If Frost doesn't come here let it be told that he turned us down but we tried as hard as we could.

I just don't want to wake up one morning and hear we hired Johnson from Georgia Tech and then finding out we couldn't come to terms with Frost.

We all feel that way and Moos could make a hell of an offer, but Frost might say, "There are things I want to do in my life and living in Nebraska ain't one of them, I really like wrestling alligators and I feel that Florida is the best place for me." I seriously doubt that Mr. Moos would pull an Eichorst on us.

Just now, Hayseed said:

We all feel that way and Moos could make a hell of an offer, but Frost might say, "There are things I want to do in my life and living in Nebraska ain't one of them, I really like wrestling alligators and I feel that Florida is the best place for me." I seriously doubt that Mr. Moos would pull an Eichorst on us.

This is my fear with it all. We get Eichorsted.

• Plus1 2
10 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

We will meet any terms needed....not kidding. If Frost changes his mind it is on him not us. 

• Plus1 2

10 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

Wouldn't we already know he wanted to wrestle gators by this point? Some of these rumors that have been spreading tonight, I don't know, just seem like things that would have already been discussed by a man that doesn't shy away from his connections to this state and program. 

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, hskrpwr13 said:

That somewhat surprises me that after 6 years of relative meh with Pelini (and his flirtations with other jobs) that a proven commodity like Patterson wasn't sufficient.

I don't get the impression that it ever got far enough to seriously consider who the replacement would be.

• Plus1 1
20 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

I don't see it that way. You don't hire Moos to get Frost...... you hire Moos because you need a competent AD if you can't get Frost. Scott could come out tomorrow and say thanks but no thanks and it most likely would have nothing to do with anything Bill Moos could do about it. 

I totally agree. Feel the same about hiring a head coach to run a specific offense, for instance. You have to make hires because they can do their job in the bigger picture, not because of some peripheral function. Moos will obviously be judged by this hire, just as any AD is judged by the performance of their chief revenue sport, but his job is much, much bigger than just this. 

That said, he does know it's hunting season, right?

1 minute ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

We will meet any terms needed....not kidding. If Frost changes his mind it is on him not us. 

Amen Hedley.

Does everyone remember that Scott Frost was the only coach Florida could talk about... until he wasn't? 

Then they started talking about Chip Kelly. Has anyone stopped to think about why Florida moved on from Frost?

The reasons I've heard from the Gators so far.. 1) They didn't want to wait that long. 2) They weren't sure he could put together a staff to recruit the SEC. 

I would suggest that there may be a third reason which actually makes the most sense... He's not interested in Florida because he is going someplace else.

Do I have proof? Nope. Does everything that has happened so far suggest that this is what took place? Yep.

I have seen a few people on Twitter and other boards say that Frost only wants to leave if he can bring his entire staff with him. Also, there were articles today that Florida was concerned that Frost wouldn't bring a staff that could recruit SEC players and that's part of the reason they soured on him. I think it's all bull as I imagine Scott would do great at recruiting where ever he went. Also, have seen that Nebraska would let him bring whoever he likes, so maybe that is helping us a lot. Who knows if it is true or not, but that'd be great if it helps N land him! 

10 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Moos was brought in for two primary reasons: to fire Riley, and to land Frost. He was chosen because he assured them that he could and would do both. Anything less than that will be unacceptable.

What in Moos’ resume indicated that he could accomplish the Frost hire? Is there a personal connection between the two?