** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

8 hours ago, brophog said:

Wouldn't we already know he wanted to wrestle gators by this point? Some of these rumors that have been spreading tonight, I don't know, just seem like things that would have already been discussed by a man that doesn't shy away from his connections to this state and program. 

Yeah, it may have been discussed long ago and none of us know what was said. They may have said wait and see how the UCF season turns out. The only thing I know is we'll know when they tell us.....probably another week or so, then maybe another one.

8 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Moos was brought in for two primary reasons: to fire Riley, and to land Frost. He was chosen because he assured them that he could and would do both. Anything less than that will be unacceptable.

What's your source for this? Doesn't sound right.

• Plus1 1
43 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

Good morning! It is a happy Monday, though hopefully not as happy as NEXT Monday, in comparison.

Reading the tea leaves, Sipple's latest column is toeing the universities interests in making the case (to the general public) that paying the next coach "in accordance with expectations" is good for the university and the state, as a whole. http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/sipple/steven-m-sipple-nebraska-should-pay-next-coach-a-salary/article_8149473d-2ae2-58d6-9e82-2e485d7be25f.html

It is happening!

Yep, it is happening. So is Scott Frost.

50 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

Good morning! It is a happy Monday, though hopefully not as happy as NEXT Monday, in comparison.

Reading the tea leaves, Sipple's latest column is toeing the universities interests in making the case (to the general public) that paying the next coach "in accordance with expectations" is good for the university and the state, as a whole. http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/sipple/steven-m-sipple-nebraska-should-pay-next-coach-a-salary/article_8149473d-2ae2-58d6-9e82-2e485d7be25f.html

It is happening!

See this is how this works and it only confirms things I have been told. Sipple was encouraged to write this article I guarantee it. Friday evening was an important one for NU athletics and then an article like this drops on the following Monday prepping the masses for the largest contract we have seen. Welcome home Scott! 

5 minutes ago, RedNebraskan said:

Alright, when will we know officially?  

Depends on if you like USF or UCF 

1 minute ago, Rike Miley said:

Jessica said yesterday that when the time is right she will reveal what she knew the whole time and her send off post will be epic. Lets take bets on who this person is?  My bet is she is some sort of family

member to SF. Not immediate, but like a cousin or something. 

My guess is no one.  It's the internet.

• Plus1 5
2 minutes ago, Rike Miley said:

Jessica said yesterday that when the time is right she will reveal what she knew the whole time and her send off post will be epic. Lets take bets on who this person is?  My bet is she is some sort of family

I think it's Mike Caputo.... I'll share my reasoning at a later date.

• Plus1 3

Serious question: If UCF wins out (regular season vs USF and American Championship vs Memphis St.) they will be in a Jan. 1 Bowl Game.

How would that play out, assuming we have an agreement with SF? I'm guessing that their staff would stay to coach that, but that those traveling with Scott would be doing some recruiting for NU?

6 minutes ago, Rike Miley said:

Mike Nobler

• Plus1 2