** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

8 minutes ago, Rike Miley said:

Jessica said yesterday that when the time is right she will reveal what she knew the whole time and her send off post will be epic. Lets take bets on who this person is?  My bet is she is some sort of family

member to SF. Not immediate, but like a cousin or something. 

Are we taking bets on who Jessica really is? 

10 minutes ago, Rike Miley said:

Jessica said yesterday that when the time is right she will reveal what she knew the whole time and her send off post will be epic. Lets take bets on who this person is?  My bet is she is some sort of family

member to SF. Not immediate, but like a cousin or something. 

Has nobody researched Frost’s entire family to see if he is related in any way to someone named Jessica ? Let’s get with it people. 

7 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

Serious question: If UCF wins out (regular season vs USF and American Championship vs Memphis St.) they will be in a Jan. 1 Bowl Game.

How would that play out, assuming we have an agreement with SF? I'm guessing that their staff would stay to coach that, but that those traveling with Scott would be doing some recruiting for NU?

Due to early signing periods, I imagine the next head coach will be here within 7-10 days of Riley leaving (dependent on conference title games).

One class won't make or break a head coach, particularly one that we're likely going to give a long time to right the ship. However, I still think it's paramount the next coach is here to work on their first class as soon as possible. I would think they'd have about 5-6 million reasons to get to work asap.

2 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Due to early signing periods, I imagine the next head coach will be here within 7-10 days of Riley leaving (dependent on conference title games).

One class won't make or break a head coach, particularly one that we're likely going to give a long time to right the ship. However, I still think it's paramount the next coach is here to work on their first class as soon as possible. I would think they'd have about 5-6 million reasons to get to work asap.

I agree with the timetable.  At least this is a smaller class.  Main thing to do once they come in is to recruit the kids that are committed and see if you they can bring along a few of the kids committed to their program.  

1 hour ago, fire mike said:

My bad guys, it was an ill-attempted joke. I wasn’t trying to play the sexist card, but see how it came off that way. 

ZRod, now that you mention she did use some ‘choice words’ so ok if you want to call that ‘wigging out’.  It just gets old. Fire Mike I’m sure you were just kidding around but now you know that is the response you’ll get. There are women that love the game of football. I don’t know the ins and  outs of all the various plays and formations but I just enjoy watching it. I love most sports. Cycling is my favorite. I watch the Tour de France every year. 

Anyway, back to our regularly scheduled Scott Frost program. GBR!

15 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

Serious question: If UCF wins out (regular season vs USF and American Championship vs Memphis St.) they will be in a Jan. 1 Bowl Game.

How would that play out, assuming we have an agreement with SF? I'm guessing that their staff would stay to coach that, but that those traveling with Scott would be doing some recruiting for NU?

Can't have one foot in the door. If you want to be the Nebraska coach then get in there and do it...

2 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

ZRod, now that you mention she did use some ‘choice words’ so ok if you want to call that ‘wigging out’.  It just gets old. Fire Mike I’m sure you were just kidding around but now you know that is the response you’ll get. There are women that love the game of football. I don’t know the ins and  outs of all the various plays and formations but I just enjoy watching it. I love most sports. Cycling is my favorite. I watch the Tour de France every year. 

Anyway, back to our regularly scheduled Scott Frost program. GBR!

I made it perfectly clear that I was not judging any woman's knowledge of the game. I simply made a joke because someone was quick to jump to defend Jessica. I was not, nor have I ever, knocked a woman's intelligence on sports. I was feed up with all the "breaking news" rumors, that is it. Go back and look at the post if you'd like. I find it funny that I make a comment about jessica's husband and get backlash yet we have other posters on this board talking about her being their significant other and then talking about working on screwing her - yet s#!t doesn't get thrown their way.

• Plus1 1

Chip is going to UCLA.  Reading the tea leaves, he wants to coach on the west coast where he is comfortable and knows the lay of the land.  He has ready built connections in CA from his time at Oregon, he has no connections with FL high schools.  I believe Chip's agent basically told UCLA this week that if they want him, then they need to fire Mora immediately as Chip was not going to wait around for them as he had a UF offer in hand.  And funny, as the plane was en route from FL to NH, Mora was let go.

So now what does UF do?  Strong?  Taggert?  Mullen?