** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

2 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Chip is going to UCLA.  Reading the tea leaves, he wants to coach on the west coast where he is comfortable and knows the lay of the land.  He has ready built connections in CA from his time at Oregon, he has no connections with FL high schools.  I believe Chip's agent basically told UCLA this week that if they want him, then they need to fire Mora immediately as Chip was not going to wait around for them as he had a UF offer in hand.  And funny, as the plane was en route from FL to NH, Mora was let go.

So now what does UF do?  Strong?  Taggert?  Mullen?

If Oregon was looking better this year I could see them going after Taggert. But I would think Strong or Mullen. Maybe strong because wasnt their a rumor one of their big boosters wanted strong because of his strong recruiting ties in florida?

4 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Chip is going to UCLA.  Reading the tea leaves, he wants to coach on the west coast where he is comfortable and knows the lay of the land.  He has ready built connections in CA from his time at Oregon, he has no connections with FL high schools.  I believe Chip's agent basically told UCLA this week that if they want him, then they need to fire Mora immediately as Chip was not going to wait around for them as he had a UF offer in hand.  And funny, as the plane was en route from FL to NH, Mora was let go.

Are we sure there's no interest from Frost?

3 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Florida fans will have a meltdown if don’t get Kelly or Frost. Kind of like how Husker fans will without getting Frost 

1 hour ago, fire mike said:

My bad guys, it was an ill-attempted joke. I wasn’t trying to play the sexist card, but see how it came off that way. 

No worries, we all makes mistakes. I may have said the same thing, but atleast we know not to now. Didn't mean to call you out again, just summarizing.

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, Red Five said:

If Chip does go to UCLA then I would expect Strong to be the leading candidate for the Florida job. Strong or Taggart. Taggart I bet could be a surprise name for the TN job. 

3 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

It is my understanding that UCLA doesn't have a lot of money for coaching or facility upgrades.  Which are much needed there.  Chip might be interested but he will be downgrading to go there compared to a few other places.

UCLA is paying Mora $12M to go away.  They must have plenty of money.  Also, I am pretty sure that UF lags on the facility side as well (although I *think* they might be building some now or at least have plans to?).

15 hours ago, Hayseed said:

Like others have said in other threads, getting Frost would be great, but if he goes another direction there are at least ten other coaches who would be good.

The teams UCF has beat are nothing special ,the way Frost and his crew have built up the team from scratch is the most impressive.
Whoever we get will have to be a guy who knows how to build a college program with continuity to work us back to the top over time.
I'm not worried about the AD picking a dud this time, hope my gut feeling is right.

Built the team up from scratch?  They had a 12 1 record in 2013 and 9 4 record in 2014. They had a horrible year in 2015 but they've had previous success.

• Plus1 1
20 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

As far as Florida goes. Doesnt it seem like a waste of university resources to fly to meet chip kelly with a contract in hand and no deal? Wouldnt you think before you flew the whole crew up north you would have all the details worked out and a verbal agreement to everything? 

This is what makes them look so desperate. As if they could force Kelly to close the deal without seeing what UCLA had to offer. They must have had something in an attempt to sweeten the deal, but all Kelly's agent did is pocket it and thank them for raising the bid. Kelly gives Florida the narrative that they didn't really miss out on the pupil (SF) because they preferred the teacher (Kelly). Missing out on Kelly and having to go in a whole different direction means that they were spurned by their top two choices. It's a bad look.

21 minutes ago, fire mike said:

I made it perfectly clear that I was not judging any woman's knowledge of the game. I simply made a joke because someone was quick to jump to defend Jessica. I was not, nor have I ever, knocked a woman's intelligence on sports. I was feed up with all the "breaking news" rumors, that is it. Go back and look at the post if you'd like. I find it funny that I make a comment about jessica's husband and get backlash yet we have other posters on this board talking about her being their significant other and then talking about working on screwing her - yet s#!t doesn't get thrown their way.

Yeah, that was unfair. There have been plenty of times when men on this board have cussed each other out So was that considered wigging out too?  I’m not judging you, just stating an observation. Please forgive me if you felt I was judging you. I wouldn’t hurt anyone’s feelings intentionally for the world.  

28 minutes ago, swmohusker said:

I agree with the timetable.  At least this is a smaller class.  Main thing to do once they come in is to recruit the kids that are committed and see if you they can bring along a few of the kids committed to their program.  

TBH, whoever our next HC is needs to treat this class like it's a huge one.

Great chance many guys will be leaving. Definitely need to oversign and start talking to Grad-Transfers.

Just now, huskerfan333157 said:

Built the team up from scratch?  They had a 12 1 record in 2013 and 9 4 record in 2014. They had a horrible year in 2015 but they've had previous success.

I love how some of you try to explain away an 0-12 season as some kind of minor lapse. They lost every game 2015.... So, yeah. He rebuilt the thing from scratch.

• Plus1 2