** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

I learned this weekend it is more enjoyable doing honey dos for my wife than watching this poor NU team play.  I did not watch the game nor did I have a desire to do so.  My only amazement was the final score and the mercy PSU had on us by not running up the score.  I still cannot fathom the different directions both programs have taken.  Bring on SF and :restore2

Edited by TGHusker

3 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

They do not have plenty of money.  

Maybe the school doesn't have a lot of money, but the athletic department has enough from UA and TV.  And they just built new facilities that opened last year.

UCLA announced it would honor the terms of Mora’s contract, which included four more seasons and a buyout of roughly $12 million, using exclusively athletic department-generated funds. That money, secured in part from lucrative television deals and the recent mega-apparel contract with Under Armour, will preclude boosters from having to write a large check.

Mora vastly improved the infrastructure of UCLA’s program, obtaining substantial raises for his assistants — Fisch makes $810,000 this season — while playing a pivotal role in the completion of the $75-million Wasserman Football Center, the sparkling practice facility that opened in August.

One factor in the swiftness of the decision to dismiss Mora was the $280-million contract UCLA signed with Under Armour in 2016, a deal that provided the Bruins with additional financial resources but also heightened expectations for its top-tier programs.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/ucla/la-sp-ucla-mora-fired-20171119-story.html

Just now, B.B. Hemingway said:

I love how some of you try to explain away an 0-12 season as some kind of minor lapse. They lost every game 2015.... So, yeah. He rebuilt the thing from scratch.

Agree, Frost did what was needed to get the players to buy in and then was able to get them to execute his plan, and while doing so they are undefeated. That is not a simple task today!

27 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

As far as Florida goes. Doesnt it seem like a waste of university resources to fly to meet chip kelly with a contract in hand and no deal? Wouldnt you think before you flew the whole crew up north you would have all the details worked out and a verbal agreement to everything? 

Steve Pederson says "Hi"

Just now, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

One thing that I think will make a big difference in Frost's decision is that we are willing to offer a 6 or 7-year deal, whereas other schools will only offer a 3 or 4-year deal.

???? Nobody is offering anybody 3 years.... I would bet 5 years to be the shortest term you'd see on a contract

• Plus1 2

1 minute ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

One thing that I think will make a big difference in Frost's decision is that we are willing to offer a 6 or 7-year deal, whereas other schools will only offer a 3 or 4-year deal.

Every HC has at least a 5 year deal for recruiting.  No one is offer Frost a 3 year deal.

2 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

No school is going to offer a 3 year deal.  5 year minimum at a school like Florida, Tennessee or UCLA.

2 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I doubt that is true.

I'm fairly certain almost all contracts are minimum 5 years now. Reason being? Recruiting disadvantage if it's not.

Okay, apparently others on this forum are doing even less work than myself today.. ahha.