** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

23 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

You guys more excited to watch UCF vs USF or NU vs Iowa this weekend?  My flight leaves for Orlando early Saturday morning...  

Can’t say I would use the word excited to describe my desire at this point? 

I will watch our Huskers vs. Hawkeyes game, as something I have a vested interest in. Hope you enjoy your trip down that way. 

13 minutes ago, ATS Knight said:

He didn't really rebuild from scratch. That team was a good team, just every facet of the organization quit on our coach and he finally retired. So Frost didn't start with a bare cupboard. 

So pretty much the current state the Nebraska program is in now...

:dunno

• Plus1 3

31 minutes ago, huskersrule95 said:

Well I will be at the Huskers game. Not sure if I will regret going instead of selling my ticket yet

I'm excited to be going. I only get to a game every other year or so due to living so far away. Plus it will be nice to say I was there for HCMRs last game. As much as I sometimes don't like the outcome, I always go, always cheer, always have fun. Supporting the University and players remains important to me, even if the head coach has lost me. 

1 hour ago, ScottyIce said:

Goldhammer(sp) at 247 is reporting that he is close to 100% sure that Chip Kelly did in fact sign a contract last night with Florida, they are just waiting to announce it.

Take it FWIW.

I am calling false on this. Makes no sense considering Sunday afternoon Chip's agent was flying to LA to speak with UCLA and it was announced Chip was meeting with UCLA this morning. I don't know when that meeting took place, but I would imagine Kelly wouldn't be meeting with the Bruins if he signed a contract with the Gators. Also, it's noon in Gainesville and no press conference has happened and no press conference is scheduled, so far not even scheduled for tomorrow.

UF took their heavy hitters up to New Hampshire last night to get things done and came away empty handed. If Kelly signed any contract Florida would have announced by noon today. What is the point in waiting? They need to get going on recruiting for next season. Each passing day Kelly isn't named the Gators head coach is making me believe he wont be going to Florida.

• Plus1 2

I'm hearing from Gator fans that I trust that the sources they trust are saying Kelly to UF is a done deal. There was a suggestion that they will wait until the end of the season because of his arrangement with the 49ers.

So take that for what it's worth: twitter people -> UF fan you don't know -> UCF fan that joined the board yesterday -> message board