** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

Regarding Sipple's article, it is a good sign that the local media is starting to openly talk about the situation of Riley gone and Frost being the guy. With that said, reading the article what is astonishing is Riley is the 11th highest paid coach in the Big Ten. Almost makes you think, we got what we paid for and silly for us to expect better results.

• Plus1 7

2 minutes ago, STL Husker said:

Am I supposed to root for UCF or USF this weekend?  I'm torn on this one, but I don't think I can survive another week of not knowing if he is coming here.

Go Frost! But on a purely selfish side of things I will want USF so that Nebraska can move faster on naming him head coach and also let him get his first undefeated season as head coach at Nebraska.

Edited by BoneyardHusker
3 minutes ago, STL Husker said:

Am I supposed to root for UCF or USF this weekend?  I'm torn on this one, but I don't think I can survive another week of not knowing if he is coming here.

I know it would be better for y'all if USF won and then Frost questions will be answered quickly, but please root for UCF. USF is a terrible program filled with garbage people. Their efforts to impede UCF have kept both programs from moving forward. I can't say I have an opinion on the moral character of any other program/school (maybe Miami).

Does Nebraska have a rival y'all consider fairly evil?

• Plus1 6

1 minute ago, ATS Knight said:

I know it would be better for y'all if USF won and then Frost questions will be answered quickly, but please root for UCF. USF is a terrible program filled with garbage people. Their efforts to impede UCF have kept both programs from moving forward. I can't say I have an opinion on the moral character of any other program/school (maybe Miami).

We generally dislike Iowa and Wisconsin.

• Plus1 1

I am solid on Frost so my thoughts here have nothing to do with how UF would impact frost. But I would rather see chip at florida just because I think it would be better for college football for florida to get back and be competitive. Be a thorn in Saban's A&&. No one cares about the west coast outside of USC. Can never watch their games cause they are too late most of the time. No defense- 1 sided football out there.

3 minutes ago, ATS Knight said:

I still hate Missouri, but that's probably because of my proximity to all the pop up fans.  It sounds like I would hate Iowa if I were closer to them though.

1 minute ago, ATS Knight said:

That's a good question. Currently, we really don't like Iowa, but, we'll begrudgingly admit that they are a reputable program. In the past, Colorado has been our equivalent of your USF, and Kansas State had some similar moments. Oklahoma was a big game, and a respectable rival for decades.

Personally, the university of texas is the bane of my existence, and I pull for their opponents almost as much as I do the boys in Red. 

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

And Texas. And Oklahoma. And Colorado. And...

Those 3 are where our true dislike comes, but we lost that identity when we switched conferences. Texas we hated, colorado we had no respect, oklahoma we did have respect- their fan base is respectful and between both programs we decided the national title or conference title pretty much every year in the 80's and 70s. 

Now that we are in the big 10. We mostly dislike wisconsin because they stole our identity and iowa they are just pricks(inferiority complex).

Edited by Huskers93-97
4 minutes ago, ATS Knight said:

I definitely want UCF to win

For historical reasons I hate Miami and PSU. Of course nobody likes Notre Dame. We're still too new in the conference to have a truly hated rival but losing to Wisconsin is getting old. Hawkeye fans are annoying enough that something could develop.

Teams I dislike since joining the Big Ten. Mostly just Wisconsin. Iowa because we are told this is our rival, but really before joining the Big Ten it was nice to see Iowa do well in the Big Ten.

Still root against Missouri and Texas.

I historic rival of Nebraska's that I respect is Oklahoma.

• Plus1 2