** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

Just now, Huskers93-97 said:

I just hope after the press conference where Moos fire Riley. I hope he finishes his statement with:

"Ok folks, I need to get home and cover my plants I hear we are in a frost warning" 

Then drop the mic and walk off.

I would like something more indirect like saying he is going to Wendy's for lunch

Just now, Huskers93-97 said:

Can you confirm if free Runza for life was part of the conversation? 

We offered frings in original offer he countered with bottomless fries and we caved. 

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

If Scott changes his mind that is on him. NU has put every chip on the table his agent asked for. 

OK, I can’t argue with your point of ‘his decision will be the determining factor’, and, I am not saying that there has not been any conversations between someone within the walls of Memorial Stadium and with someone associated with Frost. 

37 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

Wait...there's new info about Bo, Perlman, and Eichorst that's been slipping out in recent weeks?

And I still think that Eichorst was just Alvarez's way of sabotaging Nebraska to keep Wisky on top until he retires. Really wish someone in the media would ask if he intentionally meant to sabotage us with that recommendation to Harvey...

I've had this exact tinfoil theory since the Riley hire. It's at least a plausible theory that only has a few holes.

Edited by Mike Mcdee

2 hours ago, ATS Knight said:

Frost turned town quite a few head coaching gigs to come to UCF and it was because there were low expectations (0-12), easy access to recruits, and easy access to the recruits that he needed to run his system. 

Nebraska is not that. Everyone is wondering if Nebraska has the clout it used or if the environment has changed so drastically that you're no longer relevant. I think there are really high expectations here because no one wants to face the possibility that recruiting and geographic disadvantages are countering your rich history. 

So if Frost came here, he would probably struggle for a while. Remember your first kid? Now imagine having to fly to recruiting trips. And who knows if it would even work? It would be a much slower progression than UCF and couple bad assistant hires, a couple bad media interactions, a couple bad bounces and he could be done before he gets started. I think he's weighing it carefully.

He is going to be given the keys to the kingdom and a long leash. The timing will never be as right as now.

• Plus1 2

Just had a very bad vibe.  Bad of the proportion "Mike Riley is going to be our coach next year" or "Our new coach is Rodney Allen, linebackers coach from Crazy Go Nuts University" bad.  I've bought in pretty hard to the blues skies are coming.  Hope this bad vibe was just some out of date deli ham or something.

9 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

This'll be the longest week ever.

Week to 14 days....yes indeed.