** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

1 hour ago, ATS Knight said:

He could say, "I'm going to be at UCF next year. Mark it down. Ignore all rumors to the contrary." That's what I would do if I was planning to be at a school next year and I didn't want to lose recruits. 

Otherwise, other coaches could say, "ATS is gone. Have you seen him deny anything? You should play for us, we'll still be here next year."

Sure, he could say that, which would mean he isn't mulling anything.. but just because he doesn't come out and say that, that also doesn't mean he is mulling things over, could mean he already knows what he wants to do but can't say anything just yet. THAT is my point.

Just now, B.B. Hemingway said:

Interesting. Though, if you're Scott, do you pass up a chance to coach at your "dream job"?  We could always hire "the right guy" with this hire and the opportunity would never present itself again. Of course, maybe he doesn't have that desire to coach at Nebraska anymore.

Honestly, even if he doesn't come to Nebraska, I can't see him turning down a good P5 job. His team could crap out next year for any handful of reasons and not do well. You sell when the stock is high.

Just now, C N Red said:

Honestly, even if he doesn't come to Nebraska, I can't see him turning down a good P5 job. His team could crap out next year for any handful of reasons and not do well. You sell when the stock is high.

You would think....

As Knapp's post said, it is interesting that White would be telling folks that behind the scenes. The report could be bulls#!t too, of course.

4 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I wonder if that is any different than Bill Moos saying that Mike Riley is his head coach and I will be talking to him about his vision, etc? (I heard Moos say something to that effect during his interview with Sharpe & Benning this morning)?

or could it just mean that based on what he knows at this moment that is the truth (Scott hasn’t told him anything yet?)

All this AD talk is just BS. Of course White is going to say he expects Frost to be back. Why would he not. By doing so he puts a little pressure on Frost to think twice about leaving. Like White waving his hand saying, "Hey Frosty, remember me? The guy that gave you your first HC job. The guy who has always stood behind you. I expect you to be back with UCF next season." I don't think it's this big issue they are making it out to be. Who cares who he's telling it to? He should be telling it to everybody he can.

10 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Wow. Things are really bad when a native son chooses a G5 over us. So what the hell are we going to do? Option guy? I'm okay with that, just need a real ball-breaker to turn around this group that calls themselves the 'Blackshirts.'