** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

Look, from a "Game of Life" perspective, this is "the contract". The NU contract will have to be enough that he would never need to work again. He could send all 10 of his future children to Harvard, Yale or Columbia, and have no worries for the rest of his life even if the NU contract was never extended and his 5 or 6 year run was all he got. He could go live anywhere in the world that he wants to, after that. Being the competitor that he is, however, I don't expect him to be satisfied with that. I think he wants to be enshrined on the Nebraska Mount Rushmore with Devaney & Osborne.

4 minutes ago, Jeremy said:

Wow. Things are really bad when a native son chooses a G5 over us. So what the hell are we going to do? Option guy? I'm okay with that, just need a real ball-breaker to turn around this group that calls themselves the 'Blackshirts.'

Do you believe everything you read? I didn't see anything about Scott Frost saying he is going to stay at UCF.

7 minutes ago, Jeremy said:

Wow. Things are really bad when a native son chooses a G5 over us. So what the hell are we going to do? Option guy? I'm okay with that, just need a real ball-breaker to turn around this group that calls themselves the 'Blackshirts.'

Lighten up Francis.

"heard from a coach"

"heard from a coach"

such reliable sources with reliable info. Coaches are just randomly going around texting/calling other fellow coaches saying "dude, did you know that I am staying at UCF." That isn't how this works. 

I will say this, go and read Sipple's article and read between the lines of the numbers he is listing, what he said about it, and go back to Lar's tweet. I am telling you folks something without directly saying it. 

Edited by jessica0
  • Plus1 1

Of course he doesn't expect him to leave.  I think one could also us the word "hope"......Similar to Riley's presser "Riley on outside chatter: "I talk to my team like I'm going to be here forever." -He knows he won't be, but acts like he is..."Hopes".....

All I know is the fan base will implode if Frost isn't hired at NU.

• Plus1 1
Just now, C N Red said:

Do you believe everything you read? I didn't see anything about Scott Frost saying he is going to stay at UCF.

You have a point, but Frost did say rumors were 'totally false,' and I don't know if an AD is going to confidently say things like 'he's staying' when it could really end up as egg in his face if/when Frost would leave. 

Basically, we have Lars saying Frost to NU is a done deal on one side, and then the UCF AD saying 'nope' on the other.  I honestly don't know what to believe, but part of me thinks if it was happening, we'd have a better indication by now. I remember hearing from several people that Pelini was a done deal right after Osborne axed Callahan. 

Just now, Jeremy said:

You have a point, but Frost did say rumors were 'totally false,' and I don't know if an AD is going to confidently say things like 'he's staying' when it could really end up as egg in his face if/when Frost would leave. 

Basically, we have Lars saying Frost to NU is a done deal on one side, and then the UCF AD saying 'nope' on the other.  I honestly don't know what to believe, but part of me thinks if it was happening, we'd have a better indication by now. I remember hearing from several people that Pelini was a done deal right after Osborne axed Callahan. 

There wouldnt be much egg on the UCF AD. Lets be real, the world that matters in college football will not remember because no one gives a s#!t what happens at UCF.