** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

6 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

Thank God this thread was around this season because every emotion I've experienced in this thread is what I use to experience during Nebraska football games.

Same. 

It's like a close game going into the fourth quarter (against a team better than flippin' Purdue) and it really could go either way. 

5 minutes ago, Jeremy said:

You have a point, but Frost did say rumors were 'totally false,' and I don't know if an AD is going to confidently say things like 'he's staying' when it could really end up as egg in his face if/when Frost would leave. 

Basically, we have Lars saying Frost to NU is a done deal on one side, and then the UCF AD saying 'nope' on the other.  I honestly don't know what to believe, but part of me thinks if it was happening, we'd have a better indication by now. I remember hearing from several people that Pelini was a done deal right after Osborne axed Callahan. 

Sipple's article today is the first sense I got from the local media that is recognizing Riley is done after Friday and an article which publically mentions Frost's name. That could be seen as a start maybe? I have been surprised at how quiet the local media has been, but someone brought up that they may be quiet because they know what is coming and have been told not to say anything.

Edited by BoneyardHusker

2 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

Sipple's article today is the first sense I got from the local media that is recognizing Riley is done after Friday and an article which publically mentions Frost's name. That could be seen as a start maybe? I have been surprised at how quiet the local media has been, but someone brought up that they may be quiet because they know what is coming and have been told not to say anything.

Yeah, I hope they're keeping it under wraps because they can't speculate or report on anything that isn't official. Don't know much about Moos, but my understanding from his past is that he is able to play everything close to the vest until all the cards are in place. 

34 minutes ago, C N Red said:

All this AD talk is just BS. Of course White is going to say he expects Frost to be back. Why would he not. By doing so he puts a little pressure on Frost to think twice about leaving. Like White waving his hand saying, "Hey Frosty, remember me? The guy that gave you your first HC job. The guy who has always stood behind you. I expect you to be back with UCF next season." I don't think it's this big issue they are making it out to be. Who cares who he's telling it to? He should be telling it to everybody he can.

Agree @C N Red the UCF AD has zero downside.  If Frost stays, Danny White gets a massive boost both in the short term with fundraising and also gets a big national boost.  White gets to be the AD who hung onto Frost even when his alma mater came calling.  If Frost does leave, White can say, "Hey, we did everything we could to hang onto Frost but when your alma mater comes calling, it's hard to say no".

• Plus1 1