** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

Just now, huskerfan333157 said:

So you ignore all the good seasons they had previously?  You act like Scott Frost took over a terrible program and rebuilt it...

So here's the deal with 0-12. O'Leary always said that he wouldn't leave until it wasn't fun anymore. After the Fiesta Bowl win, he started grooming a former player (Brent Key) to take over. The UCF fans were excited about Key, because of his recruiting prowess. But UCF fans noticed that the offensive line he was coaching was underperforming.

Then he got promoted to offensive coordinator and assistant head coach before the 2016 season and everyone was nervous that the handpicked successor was an idiot. When the team badly underperformed at the start of the season, everyone knew we were screwed. O'Leary had the school by the balls, but if UCF could make it "not fun" for him, he and his successor would go away.

This is my theory for why things went so badly and why UCF fans consider 0-12 more of hit we had to take to move on instead of a program collapse. 

• Plus1 1

I remember the Pelini hiring, I was amped just like everyone else then when he was hired my co-worker who isn't that into sports responded "Isn't that what everyone said we were getting" or something like that. He didn't mean to but it was like letting go of a balloon filled with my happy emotions. I hope it's a slam dunk like that. 

Then I remember the Tressel stuff, I even remember seeing that same ItsHappening.gif today which made me worried. I never wanted Tressel but that sock thread was fun. 

19 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

How many times do I need to tell people that I am not posting anymore when this gets announced? I am a member of 247. 

I'm not sure I get this mentality.

It only makes sense if you crave the attention you get from telling people things they want to hear. 

If you care enough to jack up 831 posts in mere weeks, dedicated entirely on the belief that Scott Frost is awesome, why wouldn't you stick around to see how things shake out? 

• Plus1 5

2 minutes ago, Husker56 said:

You're having another baby soon or you just had a baby??? RunMickeyRun02 = SF???

Scott just had his kid IIRC, but the paralells are there. My wife moved to Florida as a teen, her father attended all three Uni's Nebraska, then Florida and UCF (the three most talked about Uni's in this thread). My wife is a gators fan (kinda sorta) and I don't mind them since they didn't have a history of beating the crap out of us in the Orange Bowl. So I've followed both UF and UCF closer these last 6 or 7 years than I had the rest of my life. 

My mother-in-law was up in arms the day Eichorst was hired. I was hoping she was wrong, she hates Miami but still recognized the damage he did there. She had zero confidence in Riley from the start if for no other reason than the guy that hired him. I was optimistic and it sucks when you have to admit your mother-in-law was right.

Also I was SUPPOSED to go to the infamous UCF game where Scott got boo'd (depending on who you ask) but my mom got pick-pocketed shortly after she bought the tickets and I couldn't go. I listened on the radio as some no name QB named Daunte Cul-something gave us more fits then they were supposed to. I was a Frankie London guy because he reminded me of other short QB from Louisiana..... but I never would have boo'd Scott or any other Husker. 

• Plus1 1
45 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

Just giving a little humor with an update. The update is that there is literally nothing going on anymore with UF and Frost. Ice cold. 

LOL BAN HAMMER! haha.. that's what happens when you troll a fanbase for weeks.

It's too bad that we missed out on the epic goodbye. Hope we get it somehow still.

• Plus1 1