** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

Personally I would love it if someone else hired the Navy guy. A P5 school like georgia tech. See a resurgence of the option attack. I think it would work great- it just doesnt fit the narrative of the national media. They said it didnt work anymore in the early 90s. Look what happened when we had the right collection of talent.

In addition I think the 2001 national title game is what the media used to convince perhaps even nebraska itself they needed to move on. I think that was crap- we just ran into a buzzsaw of one of the top 5 best teams all time. Any offense probably would have gotten smashed in that game.

Edited by Huskers93-97
  • Plus1 1
21 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Can Frost also bring Vedral home?

Takings someone else's coaches is one thing, taking players with them makes me uneasy, plus he'd have to sit out a year and our immediate need is at QB with a bunch of pocket passers. 

I know some think Gebbia could do the job but I don't think he's as fleet of foot as most do. He's a gamer so he'd give it a go I'm sure. 

I looked it up and is Darlington really a Junior still? Seems like he's been hear longer than that, he might be our best open aside from grad transfers and juco guys. 

• Plus1 2
40 minutes ago, knapplc said:

My guess is that since you were suspended or banned, whichever prompted this accusation, the Mods have nearly been turned over.

Back in the day it was me, zoogs, AR Husker Fan & BRI doing most of the heavy lifting. 

Today it's Mavric, saunders, Enhance, Huskerzoo, Thanks_Tom & jsneb8675309, none of whom were Mods about two years ago. 

So if there's a whole different set of people running the show, and they're still making decisions you're not on board with, maybe the problem isn't the mods.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Lol I didn't even know I had been banned before. Weird

1 minute ago, RunMickeyRun02 said:

Takings someone else's coaches is one thing, taking players with them makes me uneasy, plus he'd have to sit out a year and our immediate need is at QB with a bunch of pocket passers. 

I know some think Gebbia could do the job but I don't think he's as fleet of foot as most do. He's a gamer so he'd give it a go I'm sure. 

I looked it up and is Darlington really a Junior still? Seems like he's been hear longer than that, he might be our best open aside from grad transfers and juco guys. 

Typically I would agree if Vedral wasn't from Wahoo. POB and Gebbia can run Frosts offense and be successful imo, but we will have to bring in 1 or 2 more guys for competition and depths sake. I'll put my faith in whoever Frost lines up back there though given his history with QBs. 

1 minute ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Personally I would love it if someone else hired the Navy guy. A P5 school like georgia tech. See a resurgence of the option attack. I think it would work great- it just doesnt fit the narrative of the national media. They said it didnt work anymore in the early 90s. Look what happened when we had the right collection of talent.

We went shotgun to open up the game vs Tennessee?  We had only 69 yards rushing in the first half with Frost averaging 0.4 ypc.

3 minutes ago, brophog said:

It is interesting, in a non-interesting way, that there is virtually no talk about what Tennessee is going to do.  Some Gruden talk, but that's basically never been anything. 

I have no sources for this, this is just my take but Gruden is done coaching. He's like that Steelers coach before Tomlin, he'll be linked to every big job until people realize he isn't coming back. Gruden's brother maybe, but Gruden has a sweet gig on arguably the most prominent game of the week. He gets to talk football and still have a life and say "Spider 3 Y Banana" as much as he wants, do the QB corner thing, I just don't see him giving that up. 

Just now, El Straino said:

Are we still confusing the TO offense of the 90s with a flexbone true triple option offense? Asking for a friend who doesn't want to hurt themselves facepalming

I would assume when those guys would move to the P5 they would adapt their system like TO did over time. Point being no one is running any power running game/ option scheme right now. It would be refreshing to see it again.

2 minutes ago, brophog said:

We went shotgun to open up the game vs Tennessee?  We had only 69 yards rushing in the first half with Frost averaging 0.4 ypc.

Thats 1 half of football. How many rushing yards did we have by the end of the game? How many rushing yards did we average in 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001?

1 hour ago, Huskr25 said:

Why the hell did Jessica get banned? I read her "last 4 posts" and nothing she said should have gotten a ban.

What do you know, the mods with their bias and double standards on this board. Surprising. 

If you don't like the board or the way it is moderated, you're more than welcome to find another avenue for discussing Husker football.

As such, minor details about jessica0's ban have been provided in the Woodshed. You're more than welcome to check it out for yourself and then stop jumping to conclusions.

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Typically I would agree if Vedral wasn't from Wahoo. POB and Gebbia can run Frosts offense and be successful imo, but we will have to bring in 1 or 2 more guys for competition and depths sake. I'll put my faith in whoever Frost lines up back there though given his history with QBs. 

I could see Frost going after the IWCC QB if he is hired.

• Plus1 1