** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

31 minutes ago, AndyH said:

The 7 years and 35 million is a accurate. The contract has been agreed to. Florida wanted him to sign for 5 years and less money. He wanted a longer contract and we had to counter with more money. We will not be outbid. 

Mike Riley knows he is not coming back. He was told three weeks ago. 

GBR!

Typically, when a NEW poster joins they introduce themselves, but when a NEW poster comes on and goes right into these kind of posts, it is a dead giveaway that this poster has been here before.. Just an FYI for next time.

Edited by Bornhusker
  • Plus1 2

Frost's return would bring unity and euphoria back to Lincoln like we haven't seen since Black 41 Flash Reverse. I like what his offense features. However, seeing young men with red 'N's' on their helmets running the flexbone would also look awesome. I know that it's different from what Osborne ran. I get it. However, with our recruiting disadvantages, the flexbone might be an answer.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

I think it would be universally accepted that better blocking would benefit the QB.

That statement is a far cry from "miraculously improve" don't you think? Tanner is the QB we have, and there's no strong correlation shown in the last half of the season where he's clearly played better, between the blocking at the time and his quality of play. 

11 minutes ago, brophog said:

That statement is a far cry from "miraculously improve" don't you think? Tanner is the QB we have, and there's no strong correlation shown in the last half of the season where he's clearly played better, between the blocking at the time and his quality of play. 

Not really in my opinion.  The Broncos are my favorite example.

For years they’d tote out one no name running back after another.  These RB would have huge rushing numbers and were literally never heard from again.  Line Play.

EDIT:

I also think average offenses carving up our D by controlling the line of scrimmage helps the argument.

Edited by gobiggergoredder
  • Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, Ziebol the Red said:

Agreed. In my opinion, and I’m sure some will disagree, but I view Frost as a splash hire for us because of the culture aspect and I think other fan bases wouldn’t view it as much of a splash hire. I think everyone else is looking for the big name, nation title contender type guys as their splash hire. What we need is a lot different than what Florida needs. 

Ziebol, I must be in the minority here, but I do not believe Frost would be a splash hire. I think he would know and understand the culture we once had here, I think he could have success, but I still believe he needs some time to become what everyone is trying to label him as. For his sake, and for ours, if he does end up here, I hope he can come full circle and bring our tradition back in line, within a reasonable time frame. 

8 minutes ago, TAKODA said:

Ziebol, I must be in the minority here, but I do not believe Frost would be a splash hire. I think he would know and understand the culture we once had here, I think he could have success, but I still believe he needs some time to become what everyone is trying to label him as. For his sake, and for ours, if he does end up here, I hope he can come full circle and bring our tradition back in line, within a reasonable time frame. 

He is the #1 guy on a lot of teams boards and national media peoples boards. I would consider that a splash. 

3 hours ago, Huskr25 said:

Why the hell did Jessica get banned? I read her "last 4 posts" and nothing she said should have gotten a ban.

What do you know, the mods with their bias and double standards on this board. Surprising. 

I didn't ban her/him, someone else must've, but I'm certainly not going to listen to you bash us for doing our jobs that we volunteer for to keep the board running smoothly. My suggestion is to move on. ;)

• Plus1 7
1 minute ago, Huskers93-97 said:

He is the #1 guy on a lot of teams boards and national media peoples boards. I would consider that a splash. 

I get it, he is getting the headlines and has had a tremendous amount of success and training under some great football minds. Yet, to me, he still has to prove himself to be categorized or reach that top tier or top echelon. Maybe he does that here? I sure hope if we get him, he reaches that goal.

3 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I'd consider it flavor of the month. Fact is, he hasn't done enough to get that kind of legitimate credit. He's potentially a great hire. To be a splash, IMO, the hire must come with a lot less risk.