** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

5 minutes ago, ATS Knight said:

As someone visiting/immigrating from a worse board, be thankful for your mods. You don't miss them until you have multiple Jessica's fighting over who's fake & vague info is more fake legit and taking over EVERY SINGLE THREAD like this one. 

And for the people drooling over Vedral, have you seen him play? He looks really freshman-ny at times. REALLY freshman-ny. You're better off recruiting a bunch of QBs and saying, "Be the next Milton. Did you see his numbers improve?"

It's more that he's from Nebraska than anything (and I was trying to get back on topic after a warning the thread could be closed) I honestly like the guys on the roster. How mobile does the QB really need to be in the Frost offense from your perspective? Can an athletic pocket passer thrive in the offense or would they just be servicable? 

Edit: by athletic I just mean enough to run a sub 5 second 40.

Edited by Nebfanatic

2 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

Looks like we will legitimately have to pay upwards of 6-7. Looks like my source is looking pretty good right now ;)

I could tolerate it if UNL said 6+ million is too much to pay for a coach.  5 million should be enough to attract Frost or another high quality coach. 

50 minutes ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

I didn't ban her/him, someone else must've, but I'm certainly not going to listen to you bash us for doing our jobs that we volunteer for to keep the board running smoothly. My suggestion is to move on. ;)

If the strain of modding becomes too great BIGREDIOWAN, you could always pass the torch to me. I'll ban all you fools. Then it'll just be me and I can make all the accounts I want and all your plus 1s are mine! 

• Plus1 3
Just now, irafreak said:

If the strain of modding becomes too great BIGREDIOWAN, you could always pass the torch to me. I'll ban all you fools. Then it'll just be me and I can make all the accounts I want and all your plus 1s are mine! 

Don't!  He's mad, I tells ya!  Mad!

Speaking of mad, we have a cult of Jessica forming here?

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

It's more that he's from Nebraska than anything (and I was trying to get back on topic after a warning the thread could be closed) I honestly like the guys on the roster. How mobile does the QB really need to be in the Frost offense from your perspective? Can an athletic pocket passer thrive in the offense or would they just be servicable? 

Edit: by athletic I just mean enough to run a sub 5 second 40.

Milton is an athletic pocket passer, so it definitely works. I've heard from smarter people that Frost's offense is best with a dual threat QB. You need to have some mobility to make the defense pay for selling out on pass coverage and not blitzing, so I think a slow QB would struggle.

Milton is fast enough to get us out of a bunch of third and longs, but he's more pocket passer than anything. I am curious to see what the offense would look like with a natural runner. I think they would run the QB a lot more. Right now, we run Milton to either make them pay for being unbalanced, on option plays, when there's blanket coverage, or we send the receivers deep and pick up third and longs. I think we would run a lot more option/draw plays if Milton was bigger or faster. 

• Plus1 1
Just now, ScottyIce said:

Should is a loaded word.

It is and I know what you are saying, but 6-7 million seems way too high for someone with Frost's resume.  We could spend that kind of money on a more proven coach.  Urban Meyer and Harbaugh are in that range (so is Rich Rod for some awful reason).  Jimbo Fisher, David Shaw, Gary Patterson, Gus Malzahn, and James Franklin all make less 6 mil and some are under 5.  I know we are desperate, but at some point we have to be realistic about his value.

14 minutes ago, STL Husker said:

That is a ton of money for a group of 5 school to pay 1 coach.  Hell, that's a lot of money for a power 5 school.  It seems like they would be sacrificing every other program to try to keep a guy who they would have to worry about leaving every year.  Good for Frost if he wants it, but this doesn't seem like a great financial decision by the university.

So a guy that does play by play coverage of the Ohio Bobcats has insider info on scott frost that no one else has?

Not my money, but I'm okay with 6 mil for seven years. Someone mentioned earlier how incredibly unified almost all of Husker nation is just talking about Frost coming home. We need that, and I think he gets a lot of rope to turn things around. Moos needs to do whatever it takes to get the native son back home.

4 minutes ago, STL Husker said:

It is and I know what you are saying, but 6-7 million seems way too high for someone with Frost's resume.  We could spend that kind of money on a more proven coach.  Urban Meyer and Harbaugh are in that range (so is Rich Rod for some awful reason).  Jimbo Fisher, David Shaw, Gary Patterson, Gus Malzahn, and James Franklin all make less 6 mil and some are under 5.  I know we are desperate, but at some point we have to be realistic about his value.

If a large amount of money won't persuade Frost (NC QB ALUM) to come back to Nebraska, will it get one of those proven coaches to come?

• Plus1 1
24 minutes ago, Herbie Husker said:

4.5-5 million per year for Frost to stay at UCF according to this guy.

You guys are all jumping the gun here... he doesn't say per year. I don't think they have that kind of money. Maybe a 5mil raise over 5 years to put him close to 3mil/year.

Am I wrong?

• Plus1 2