** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

15 minutes ago, irafreak said:

If the strain of modding becomes too great BIGREDIOWAN, you could always pass the torch to me. I'll ban all you fools. Then it'll just be me and I can make all the accounts I want and all your plus 1s are mine! 

because-irafreak-is-the-hero-huskerboard

• Plus1 3
1 minute ago, Sparker said:

You guys are all jumping the gun here... he doesn't say per year. I don't think they have that kind of money. Maybe a 5mil raise over 5 years to put him close to 3mil/year.

Am I wrong?

Not sure where UCF is going to get that money though

Edited by GSG
  • Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Sparker said:

You guys are all jumping the gun here... he doesn't say per year. I don't think they have that kind of money. Maybe a 5mil raise over 5 years to put him close to 3mil/year.

Am I wrong?

Good point. Never mind. You were wrong.

Sounds like they were too late to the party. I think Frosty already committed to the NU.

Edited by Huskers93-97

3 minutes ago, Sparker said:

Am I wrong?

New to the board, going to jump right in - he does qualify it and say per year in a reply

Just now, ScottyIce said:

If a large amount of money won't persuade Frost (NC QB ALUM) to come back to Nebraska, will it get one of those proven coaches to come?

Hopefully we don't have to find out, but some of those coaches who don't have the same options and Nebraska could be the best choice.  If Frost wants to come home because he is a "NC QB ALUM" then matching the highest offer should be enough and I can't imagine another school willing to pay him more than $5 million.

30 minutes ago, Herbie Husker said:

4.5-5 million per year for Frost to stay at UCF according to this guy.

Could be Frosts agent putting out info to up his value? Also, could be UCF hedging if Frost leaves they can say, hey we tried to keep him, maybe? I remember in the Husker Doc Talk Podcast someone posted last night they were talking about Florida putting out info that they had "reservations" about SF so that they can say see this is why we didn't hire him instead of saying ya we missed out to NU.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, GSG said:

Not sure where UCF is going to get that money though

Another potentially bigger problem for UCF is their facilities. While they may be able to come up with $5 million/year for a coach, there's no way they can catch-up to the P5 schools in facilities, especially a place like Nebraska that already has amazing facilities and is just slowly upgrading.