** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

20 minutes ago, Packerhuskerfan said:

Big 12 is not adding anyone until 2024 at the earliest.  Even then, I wouldn't bet against them keeping it at 10 teams.  They felt no one was worthy enough last time.

If Oklahoma and [Big XII School to be named] leave for greener pastures, you'll see the Big XII bring on four schools in a hurry and renegotiate rights/extend the GOR overnight. 

UCF and schools like it should be playing the long game, because it's a question of when, and not if additional schools leave that s***show of a conference. 

Edited by VectorVictor
  • Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

If Oklahoma and [Big XII School to be named] leave for greener pastures, you'll see the Big XII bring on four schools in a hurry and renegotiate rights/extend the GOR overnight. 

UCF and schools like it should be playing the long game, because it's a question of when, and not if additional schools leave that s***show of a conference. 

QFT

2 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

If or when Texas and Oklahoma bolt. Will it then become the P4. Because who would hold any prestige in the big 12 if those 2 leave?

5 minutes ago, RunMickeyRun02 said:

Could this be a Florida in general problem? The Jags have been covering seats and playing a lot of games in England, the Hurricanes are pretty notorious for not having good attendance, is it any better now that they're in the playoff hunt? I don't want to look it up because I hate them. I'd be interested to know what kind of crowd USF draws in comparison to UCF, I bet it's a similar deal. 

It probably is. BUt FLorida, Miami and FLorida State already have a chair at the big boy table. I was just saying it will be hard for more florida schools to get invited.

3 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

One of the things that bothers me most about their championship is it guarantees one of the most unappealing imo aspects of a CC game. A rematch. It also devalues the round-robin scheduling which one of the few things I like about the conference.

1 minute ago, Huskers93-97 said:

If or when Texas and Oklahoma bolt. Will it then become the P4. Because who would hold any prestige in the big 12 if those 2 leave?

No one, I think it would go to P4. Makes the committee's job way easier. The remnants of the big 12 would probably go the way of the big east.

I think there is also the thing with Oklahoma and Oklahoma State where they have to be in the same conference?

2 hours ago, HuskerJax said:

I don't get why Florida would go after Taggert.  He really hasn't shown any sort of success in Oregon.  Don't you think the Florida fans would go crazy bringing in someone that isn't coming from a winning situation?  

When it comes to Chip and Teams that have fired coaches, my guess would be that once the deal is done it will be announced ASAP, why would either party wait?  It it to the benefit of Chip and the School as they can get word out ASAP to recruits needing to make choices.  When I have seen posts about Chip being done deal and signed I figure it will be wrong if after more than about 2 hours we don't see news widely reported.  

1 minute ago, tyrone_biggums said:

No one, I think it would go to P4. Makes the committee's job way easier. The remnants of the big 12 would probably go the way of the big east.

I think there is also the thing with Oklahoma and Oklahoma State where they have to be in the same conference?

So it is possible, UCF would work to get in the big 12. Oklahoma and Texas bolt for greener pastures and they are back out of the Power conference again.

Maybe someone from Florida could tell me. Maybe its a location thing- but Florida Gators dont have a problem filling their stadium, or Florida State. So they have the same things to do that UCF does right? Also USC in southern Cal is in LA of all places and they average 73k at their games. So nice weather and things to do doesnt hold water why 20k show up.

1 minute ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Maybe someone from Florida could tell me. Maybe its a location thing- but Florida Gators dont have a problem filling their stadium, or Florida State. So they have the same things to do that UCF does right? Also USC in southern Cal is in LA of all places and they average 73k at their games. So nice weather and things to do doesnt hold water why 20k show up.

Yeah, I thought about including USC and UCLA in my post. Yes I know the Swamp fills up, my wife is a fan, my father-in-law is a grad I'll have to ask them.

5 minutes ago, jessicajr said:

Since I was banned to get sent back to 247, I had to make this new account, which will obviously get banned too, in order to explain what I know, how I know it, and why I have such strong belief in Scott Frost. 

Firstly, it is disrespectful to post the city and state where I post from. Shame on that poster. Not cool at all. Secondly, I am a female. No Jessica isn't my real name. I was born and raised in Nebraska and so was my husband. My husband works at the clinic. If you search the directly at the local clinic you will find me and my husband. We have our birth location, our education, etc, in our profiles in the directory. 

My husband knows the Frost family on a personal level. That is where I have gotten my information from. He has always wanted to be the head caoch at Nebraska. It IS his dream school. Yes the offer from UNL is real. Just not signed yet. Yes, Florida offered Frost and he turned it down for the Nebraska offer. Yes UCF will offer him a new contract. I already told you that will happen. He isn't going to sign it though. Yes TN got told no from Frost. 

Talk to Mavric if you want to complain about the person who banned me when I never broke a board rule. I have never posted here in the past. Yes there are other Nebraska fans in town. I know three people in this town that are proud Nebraska fans. 

So dedicated.  Lift the ban on this woman!

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, jessicajr said:

Since I was banned to get sent back to 247, I had to make this new account, which will obviously get banned too, in order to explain what I know, how I know it, and why I have such strong belief in Scott Frost. 

Firstly, it is disrespectful to post the city and state where I post from. Shame on that poster. Not cool at all. Secondly, I am a female. No Jessica isn't my real name. I was born and raised in Nebraska and so was my husband. My husband works at the clinic. If you search the directly at the local clinic you will find me and my husband. We have our birth location, our education, etc, in our profiles in the directory. 

My husband knows the Frost family on a personal level. That is where I have gotten my information from. He has always wanted to be the head caoch at Nebraska. It IS his dream school. Yes the offer from UNL is real. Just not signed yet. Yes, Florida offered Frost and he turned it down for the Nebraska offer. Yes UCF will offer him a new contract. I already told you that will happen. He isn't going to sign it though. Yes TN got told no from Frost. 

Talk to Mavric if you want to complain about the person who banned me when I never broke a board rule. I have never posted here in the past. Yes there are other Nebraska fans in town. I know three people in this town that are proud Nebraska fans. 

I dont know about everyone else but I am starving for some Gator Country updates and random tweets from people who may or may not know anything. Come on Jessica do some good ground work for us.