** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

4 minutes ago, ATS Knight said:

Yeah, they're freaking horrible with attendance. And they're one of those that wildly exaggerate their numbers and those inflated numbers are bad. Evil cows. 

Usually I'm USF neutral but I really don't like them this year. They are kind of doing the Miami thing where they just sneak by each week. Or they let whoever hang around until they pull away in the 4th. I've been watching them since week 0 vs Colorado State, I kept getting my hopes up they'd stumble and lose (like I do each weak with Miami) but they always do the same song and dance. 

Edited by RunMickeyRun02
  • Plus1 1

1 hour ago, jessicajr said:

Since I was banned to get sent back to 247, I had to make this new account, which will obviously get banned too, in order to explain what I know, how I know it, and why I have such strong belief in Scott Frost. 

Firstly, it is disrespectful to post the city and state where I post from. Shame on that poster. Not cool at all. Secondly, I am a female. No Jessica isn't my real name. I was born and raised in Nebraska and so was my husband. My husband works at the clinic. If you search the directly at the local clinic you will find me and my husband. We have our birth location, our education, etc, in our profiles in the directory. 

My husband knows the Frost family on a personal level. That is where I have gotten my information from. He has always wanted to be the head caoch at Nebraska. It IS his dream school. Yes the offer from UNL is real. Just not signed yet. Yes, Florida offered Frost and he turned it down for the Nebraska offer. Yes UCF will offer him a new contract. I already told you that will happen. He isn't going to sign it though. Yes TN got told no from Frost. 

Talk to Mavric if you want to complain about the person who banned me when I never broke a board rule. I have never posted here in the past. Yes there are other Nebraska fans in town. I know three people in this town that are proud Nebraska fans. 

jessicajr I apologize because I am the one who apparently got the MODS looking at IP addresses for your area. It was NOT my intention to get you banned. I was just trying to figure out who you might be (looking for a name among SF's team mates or other NU connected names from that area). It appears (to ME) that the MODS were a little overzealous in banning you - as if there is only one person from your IP Address that could have an account here. (When I post from work I have the same outwardly facing IP as anybody else who works here, for example.)

I hope that the MODs will let the jessicajr account stand, until an OBVIOUS rule infraction occurs.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, jessicajr said:

Since I was banned to get sent back to 247, I had to make this new account, which will obviously get banned too, in order to explain what I know, how I know it, and why I have such strong belief in Scott Frost. 

Firstly, it is disrespectful to post the city and state where I post from. Shame on that poster. Not cool at all. Secondly, I am a female. No Jessica isn't my real name. I was born and raised in Nebraska and so was my husband. My husband works at the clinic. If you search the directly at the local clinic you will find me and my husband. We have our birth location, our education, etc, in our profiles in the directory. 

My husband knows the Frost family on a personal level. That is where I have gotten my information from. He has always wanted to be the head caoch at Nebraska. It IS his dream school. Yes the offer from UNL is real. Just not signed yet. Yes, Florida offered Frost and he turned it down for the Nebraska offer. Yes UCF will offer him a new contract. I already told you that will happen. He isn't going to sign it though. Yes TN got told no from Frost. 

Talk to Mavric if you want to complain about the person who banned me when I never broke a board rule. I have never posted here in the past. Yes there are other Nebraska fans in town. I know three people in this town that are proud Nebraska fans. 

Let me translate the bolded:

"I know that Frost is coming back because he is a family friend and Frost (or his family) has told us.  But even with knowing this, I decided to come to HB (a board that I have never posted on before 2 months ago) and post summaries of Husker/Gator/Vol message board insiders as well as random twitter posts."

• Plus1 7
2 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Let me translate the bolded:

"I know that Frost is coming back because he is a family friend and Frost (or his family) has told us.  But even with knowing this, I decided to come to HB (a board that I have never posted on before 2 months ago) and post summaries of Husker/Gator/Vol message board insiders as well as random twitter posts."

cottondown.0.gif

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

Well that certainly complicates things on our end, but we can just pay more. I doubt they can afford 6 to 7 million or more a year. I give UCF props for trying to keep him there and it might work, but he won't be staying because they outbid us. Time to get nasty behind the scenes and flex our financial muscle. 

No state income tax in Florida?  It helps UCF but I dont think it will be a factor, just figured I'd throw it in.  FWIW I dont live i Nebraska anymore I'm just assuming it still has an income tax.  (It did what I was in teen)

Like someone said earlier they couldnt come close to the full financial package we could offer including assistant coaches. Also as many UCF fans have said the final decision is not going to be 100% money driven. So even if we offer the same $$, its where does he want to be. 

Also how comparable is cost of living? Assuming he could buy a house for 500k here that would cost over a million down there?

Edited by Huskers93-97
6 minutes ago, mnhusker said:

No state income tax in Florida?  It helps UCF but I dont think it will be a factor, just figured I'd throw it in.  FWIW I dont live i Nebraska anymore I'm just assuming it still has an income tax.  (It did what I was in teen)

Oh yeah, it still has an income tax-Nebraska is the 'tax me state'!

Man, this thread is getting pretty lengthy... discussing local favorite food places and current movies.  I wanted to ask if anyone has heard of CMR staying on after his retirement this weekend.  Small rumor going around, from a large donor friend,  that he will be working with athletic department after his retirement from coaching the team, and transitioning with CSF.  I certainly hope so.  I have stated before, Coach Riley is a great ambassador for UNL.

Just now, Vizsla1 said:

Man, this thread is getting pretty lengthy... discussing local favorite food places and current movies.  I wanted to ask if anyone has heard of CMR staying on after his retirement this weekend.  Small rumor going around, from a large donor friend,  that he will be working with athletic department after his retirement from coaching the team, and transitioning with CSF.  I certainly hope so.  I have stated before, Coach Riley is a great ambassador for UNL.

I was told a week ago that Scott Frost was a done deal and mike riley would probably stay on in some admin role. I did not post it on the board at the time because it sounded so ridiculous. Then I heard Zatechas podcast yesterday discussing this possibility. Now you are saying it. 

Just now, cheekygeek said:

Are we still talking about Scott Frost here, or the other messiah whose return is highly anticipated?

Are you talking about the summoning circle at the Lincoln VFW that includes copious amounts of alcohol?

Pffffft, folks have been trying to summon the spirit of Bob for years. 

Just read an article from CBS Sports talking about if CK doesn't go to Florida SF might. Their reasoning is recruiting and UF has more resources than N. So, my question is does UF really have more resources? I thought N had pretty much what every top program has and maybe better. Outside of location what can UF offer that we can't?