** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

I grew up in the Lincoln area and now live in the Orlando area.

The biggest contrast between the two programs and what I feel will tip the scales in favor of SF coming to Nebraska is this:

Very few people here give a rats ass about UCF. The game day atmosphere (even during this unbeaten season) is almost non-existent. You don't have the pre-game tailgating to any degree, you don't have the crowd frenzy, the community just doesn't care...and why should they. Most that live here....are not from here. They have no historical roots in the program. Also there is just too much to do and see in the this area (It can overwhelm the senses at times) Too many nice theme parks that are 100% devoted to customer service. Incredible restaurants, you have the Magic, MLS,  you have Major League Spring Ball here at the ESPN complex, you have some of the best beaches in the world 90 minutes west or east of the city. 

I'm out and about everyday and am on the UCF campus 2-3x a month. I can count the number of times on one hand that I have seen someone wearing a UCF shirt or hat. Was having coffee one day and struck up a conversation with a group of guys in their late 30's--(this was last week) none of them even knew that UCF was having that kind of year. 

Compare/Contrast that with a team that has not really been competitive in almost two decades and the crowd passion--statewide, is still there. 

I cannot help by feel that as a competitor, a guy who is driven to succeed, that SF wants to be in a place where the fans love the game as much as he does. 

Just my two cents. 

• Plus1 9
15 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

Lucky you! Omaha streets are crap (glad I live in Sarpy Co.). I feel sorry for those folks who live out I. Western NE. Their roads look like they haven't had any attention since the 80's!

It's a trade-off: drivers in Western NE are far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far better than the ones in Lincoln and Omaha. 

Edited by Cdog923
  • Plus1 1

Just now, Cdog923 said:

It's a trade-off: drivers in Western NE are far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far better than the ones in Lincoln and Omaha. 

Or they don't look as bad because there are way less people out there.

• Plus1 3
1 minute ago, tyrone_biggums said:

Or they don't look as bad because there are way less people out there.

They know how to use turn signals and obey stop signs; they're immediately better than Eastern Nebraska drivers on that basis alone. 

On-topic: I'd let Frost coach UCF's bowl game if he's coming here. 

This guy  has a podcast posted today (AAC Daily) with the opinion/wishful thinking that Frost is staying in Orlando with UCF:
http://www.bcsnn.com/blog/253-aac-daily-is-scott-frost-staying-in-orlando-with-ucf.html

The interview is with "UCF Knightline's Andrew Phegley" (LinkedIn page here)

Neither of these guys sound like big time sources. Just entrepreneurs trying to get attention. Time will tell if their "compelling reasons" for SF to stay are truly compelling.

Edited by cheekygeek
21 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Here is my one question to people when the bring up Riley staying - Why would he want to stay?  He has spent almost his entire life in the Pacific Northwest.  2 out of his 3 years here have been miserable.  He has no ties to Nebraska.

Because beaverboard.com isnt as good as huskerboard.com.  Doesn't appear to be safe for work either.

Edited by gobiggergoredder
  • Plus1 3
6 minutes ago, epocSoN said:

This thread has to be one of the longest, most random, most ridiculous threads in HB history right?

Yes, and for good reason. Normally you'd never want such a thing on the main board, because as we've seen several times over these two months, there is potential for chaos. This is kind of a unique situation in that it's best for a little contained chaos to happen in this one thread rather than it spilling over into the main board all willy nilly. 

1 minute ago, Cdog923 said:

They know how to use turn signals and obey stop signs; they're immediately better than Eastern Nebraska drivers on that basis alone. 

On-topic: I'd let Frost coach UCF's bowl game if he's coming here. 

I agree (Scott should coach the UCF bowl game if he's coming here.). Are we talking interstate or just regular wo Lane roads?  In Omaha & Lincoln there is non-ending road work. How often do they repair the roads out west?