** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

1 minute ago, BoneyardHusker said:

So seems more and more local guys are setting the narrative on someone else besides Frost. Anyone else getting this? Don't know if it's their little game to amp us up and all be relieved when it is named Frost, just furthering all the fans getting on the same page, or if there is real chance he isn't coming.

I think they are doing it so that they have something else to talk about. They've talked about him coming to death so now they are playing 'devil's advocate' and going the opposite direction:. If not Frost then who will the next coach be?  That should last for at least a day.  Then they will turn to speculating where Frost will go if he doesn't choose UNL or what will UNL do if he stays at UCF?  It's a revolving door of subject matter and it's happening all over the place, not just here. It will be interesting to see what the 'unknown' can generate next!

23 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

Riley could remain at NU in some capacity???

jKL1MHc.gif

His contract is for so much money for so many years to be Head Coach. It doesn't mean we can pay him to clean stadium bathrooms, just because we owe him money through 2020.

Have you read his contract?  I"m guessing it specifies head coaching job and probably not the "other duties as assigned", but unless you've actually seen the contract, you can't be sure it is restricted to head coach or nothing.

Just now, grandpasknee said:

Have you read his contract?  I"m guessing it specifies head coaching job and probably not the "other duties as assigned", but unless you've actually seen the contract, you can't be sure it is restricted to head coach or nothing.

Well if Eichorst wrote it, God only knows what benefits and wording it has in it.

1 minute ago, grandpasknee said:

I'd want him to stay around in a non Coaching role in some way, shape or form.  He is an excellent ambassador for the game, and extremely respected by most coaches.

It's plain that he'd be fired for wins/losses, but nobody can say the guy was dismissive or unbearable to be around or work with.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Husker56 said:

I can't lie he has some compelling reasons to stay. I think coming home is a huge draw though. That's why I think it's really between UCF and NU at this point.

There is no better time to take over a program then when it is DOWN. Scott showed he understood that when he chose UCF in the first place. It magnifies your credentials when you show improvement. He has captured lightning in a bottle at UCF this year and his stock is HIGH HIGH HIGH. To stay at UCF now would be like a QB who just won the Heisman Trophy as a junior deciding to come back to college as a Senior. Their choice, but the odds are that they are going to cost themselves a LOT of money when they can't replicate two-years in a row. Frost could not only come home (his stated #1 target) but come home with another chance to magnify his achievement by making a solid improvement over 2017. Even with NU's schedule, he knows he can put a more competitive product on the field, I'm sure.

• Plus1 4