** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

17 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

There is no better time to take over a program then when it is DOWN. Scott showed he understood that when he chose UCF in the first place. It magnifies your credentials when you show improvement. He has captured lightning in a bottle at UCF this year and his stock is HIGH HIGH HIGH. To stay at UCF now would be like a QB who just won the Heisman Trophy as a junior deciding to come back to college as a Senior. Their choice, but the odds are that they are going to cost themselves a LOT of money when they can't replicate two-years in a row. Frost could not only come home (his stated #1 target) but come home with another chance to magnify his achievement by making a solid improvement over 2017. Even with NU's schedule, he knows he can put a more competitive product on the field, I'm sure.

Investing 101....buy low and sell high.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, RedNebraskan said:

Chances that Moos talks to Frost tonight if he is with bball team?

Given the heighten awareness of the situation and so far the apparent secrecy around any sort of back room talks between Moos and Frost's agent, I say highly unlikely they risk being seen together.

Edited by BoneyardHusker
28 minutes ago, Husker56 said:

http://www.blackandgoldbanneret.com/five-reasons-scott-frost-will-stay-ucf/

I can't lie he has some compelling reasons to stay. I think coming home is a huge draw though. That's why I think it's really between UCF and NU at this point.

It would be interesting to see that if - and that's a big if - Scott Frost decides to stay at UCF and we go with something else (like a Gundy or Peterson just for example), if that would somewhat close the door on Frost coming to Nebraska in the future. While he most certainly could come back to Nebraska, but pending on what kind of deal in length he would sign, makes it a bit hard to forecast future circumstances. This is an interesting time. 

• Plus1 1

10 minutes ago, LaneKiffenGBR said:

It would be interesting to see that if - and that's a big if - Scott Frost decides to stay at UCF and we go with something else (like a Gundy or Peterson just for example), if that would somewhat close the door on Frost coming to Nebraska in the future. While he most certainly could come back to Nebraska, but pending on what kind of deal in length he would sign, makes it a bit hard to forecast future circumstances. This is an interesting time. 

I know Nebraska will throw everything they have at Frost to get him to come here. And of course you cater to Frost, but at the same time Moos has to get the point across in a nice way that this may be the only chance Frost has to come coach at Nebraska in the foreseeable future. Let Frost know, whoever our next coach is they are going to get a long time contract. Just subtle let Frost know it'll be many years before the opportunity may come around again.

1 hour ago, BoneyardHusker said:

So seems more and more local guys are setting the narrative on someone else besides Frost. Anyone else getting this? Don't know if it's their little game to amp us up and all be relieved when it is named Frost, just furthering all the fans getting on the same page, or if there is real chance he isn't coming.

My guess is that they don't know and if they know something it may be off the record and they cant burn a source or the school they report on.  So it makes for good commentary to try and have some discussion on what other folks may be available.  Now,  it someone had a Scott Frost Mega Show or Column in the paper I would  love to see good quality speculation from a sent to the masses ,  it would be fun.   

• Plus1 1