** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

Just now, krc1995 said:

Why would Fisher leave FSU?  And wow, the domino effect is scary 

I have no idea. Someone tweeted Aggies may be 100% on Fisher, but is Fisher 100% in on the Aggies? I don't know why he would leave other then if he isn't happy there, which I have no idea if he is or isn't. But wasn't he talked about as the potential LSU coach last season? So maybe he isn't happy at FSU.

1 minute ago, krc1995 said:

This seems absolutely chaotic. UCLA, Florida and an unnamed school pursuing Chip. A&M pursuing Jimbo. Arkansas, Nebraska, Ole Miss, FSU, Oregon all could be looking for coaches as well. This is gonna be a crazy couple of weeks. Frost hasn't signed s#!t or else his agent is an idiot. He could have 8 offers on his desk by the end of the week. 

1 minute ago, BoneyardHusker said:

I have no idea. Someone tweeted Aggies may be 100% on Fisher, but is Fisher 100% in on the Aggies? I don't know why he would leave other then if he isn't happy there, which I have no idea if he is or isn't. But wasn't he talked about as the potential LSU coach last season? So maybe he isn't happy at FSU.

and this is why no one knows anything.  Anyone truly close to Scott Frost wouldn't be saying a thing.  

9 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

Well it may depending on who they hire to replace Sumlin. I think the candidate to watch out for is Taggart at Oregon. I've heard, just from national media, that Texas AM is interested in Jimbo Fisher. If Fisher takes the Aggies job then that opens up Florida State. If Florida ends up with Chip Kelly that could mean the Seminoles go after Taggart who was very successful down in the state of Florida, is from Florida, and from what I've read there may be some questioning on if he really likes it at Oregon. This then turns to if Taggart leaves Oregon, the Ducks are looking for a head coach and would they offer Frost? Frost was successful at Oregon.

By the time all these dominos fall, I would hope we have him locked up. Oregon would be scary, but it would have to be lightening fast for all that to take place

• Plus1 1

10 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

Well it may depending on who they hire to replace Sumlin. I think the candidate to watch out for is Taggart at Oregon. I've heard, just from national media, that Texas AM is interested in Jimbo Fisher. If Fisher takes the Aggies job then that opens up Florida State. If Florida ends up with Chip Kelly that could mean the Seminoles go after Taggart who was very successful down in the state of Florida, is from Florida, and from what I've read there may be some questioning on if he really likes it at Oregon. This then turns to if Taggart leaves Oregon, the Ducks are looking for a head coach and would they offer Frost? Frost was successful at Oregon.

I don't get the excitement over Taggert,am I missing something??

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, man eating mastodon said:

I don't get the excitement over Taggert,am I missing something??

He is recruiting like crazy up at Oregon and most of his recruits are from the state of Florida. Also, he was successful at USF and built it enough to where Strong has been able to seamlessly continue winning.

13 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

Tallahassee hasn't been good to Fisher... Divorce, of the field issues with players, growing issues with fan and booster support. Idk that he'll leave this season, but I don't think he'll be there for more than another year or two. His contract is really the biggest issue.... aTm would be a good spot for him, so if it opens up, who knows.

Edited by Oade

9 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

This seems absolutely chaotic. UCLA, Florida and an unnamed school pursuing Chip. A&M pursuing Jimbo. Arkansas, Nebraska, Ole Miss, FSU, Oregon all could be looking for coaches as well. This is gonna be a crazy couple of weeks. Frost hasn't signed s#!t or else his agent is an idiot. He could have 8 offers on his desk by the end of the week. 

Of these schools who would be the real threat though to land Frost besides us? I wouldn't touch any school in the SEC West. If Florida couldn't land Frost I don't see how FSU could. My only concerns would be Oregon and UCF.

11 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

I thought the same thing.  However, I heard something interesting today that the despite the very high success, the facilities and support at FSU is not what most think.  Additionally, he might have trouble getting the funding for the assistants he wants to bring in at times.  Compared to Florida, Texas A&M, Clemson, and other programs he does not get the support we would get elsewhere. This by no means is to say he is leaving, but he just might answer the call at A&M.  FSU has had two amazing coaches for a long time and that has shielded some of this. I do not think it will impact SF coming here more than any other condition that we know about. 

• Plus1 2