** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

3 minutes ago, Chalk1988 said:

Did we already talk about this? He is saying if Chip goes UCLA (which Chip will pick Fl/UCLA) then Florida is going all in on Scott 

Just as UCF tried to save base with their fans by throwing out a figure they've offered Frost to stay, Florida is also going to have to make it appear that they pulled out all the stops for Frost if they lose Kelly. 

This is exactly what I meant by the frenzy that is going to take place around here during the time Nebraska doesn't have a head coach in place. I really wish Scott would decide to just make an announcement, win or lose against USF, but I understand why he wouldn't.

• Plus1 3

4 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Again, this guy lives and works in Alabama. How would he know anything about the inner workings of Florida's hiring process, and/or Nebraska's?  There is little chance he's an insider at one of these places, and about zero chance he's an insider at both. 

lisF7Aj.png

I am pretty sure he has Nebraska Ties and he was the Director? Of the Lawerende Phillips doc on showtime. He has some knowledge and probably some inside info in huskerland. 

1 minute ago, krc1995 said:

The only one that has the right to bring this up is Kate, and I have no idea why she would.   

I agree.  However it's as if these players think SF caused the incident.  They blame him for his part in it.  I suppose they can't publicly blame the victim and get away with it so they blame SF.  I mean you could list the guys during the 90's who did things that were a distraction to the team including Damon Benning.  Why do they focus on this one incident?  

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

With Damon being one of Phillips' closest friends, you would think he would want to bury this story about his friend, but he keeps bringing it up.

Phillips broke into an apartment and assaulted a woman.  Frost fought Phillips to defend her.  There is zero chance Frost looks bad here - he's the good guy, Phillips is obviously in the wrong. It's crazy that we even need to bring that up. 

That story needs to go away.  Benning, et al, continue to hurt Lawrence's legacy by constantly talking about it.  It's amazing they don't see that.

He's apparently an attention hound.  When LP died, Benning helped facilitate the funeral.  I even contacted Benning directly to donate.  He was very responsive and  I thought, "what a great friend" but this is crap.  

7 minutes ago, RedNebraskan said:

So according to us, no matter what Florida tries, Frost is N. I can't believe media is still talking about Florida and Frost.  They need to hire Kelly and be done with this .

The very best thing that can happen for Nebraska is lots of speculation that Frost is getting offers from top programs. Can you imagine how that will play when Scott has chosen Nebraska over them? No way to spin that as bad for Nebraska.

2 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

He's apparently an attention hound.  When LP died, Benning helped facilitate the funeral.  I even contacted Benning directly to donate.  He was very responsive and  I thought, "what a great friend" but this is crap.  

Maybe these guys just need a call from Jason Peter.  He could tell them to just shut the f**k up!  

2 minutes ago, Kernel Red said:

The very best thing that can happen for Nebraska is lots of speculation that Frost is getting offers from top programs. Can you imagine how that will play when Scott has chosen Nebraska over them? No way to spin that as bad for Nebraska.

The media both national and local will all rave about us being back etc. Nothing but a huge jump in positive vibes throughout the country. 

• Plus1 3
Just now, Kernel Red said:

Esp if we get Scott at a lower price than what is rumored by FL... Not saying that we wouldn't or couldn't match other offers, just that if Scott turns down $7m at FL for at $5m at NU, that sends a big message.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Oade said:

Esp if we get Scott at a lower price than what is rumored by FL... Not saying that we wouldn't or couldn't match other offers, just that if Scott turns down $7m at FL for at $5m at NU, that sends a big message.

It shows the narrative about nebraska is false. A young up and comer coach chooses nebraska over florida. But why when they have such nice weather and things to do. Its the same crap narrative about recruiting. The national media is so annoying about our weather. 

I have actually heard quite a few recruits lately say they see benefit in playing north because it preps them for half the NFL teams that might draft them.

Edited by Huskers93-97
  • Plus1 2

Just now, Huskers93-97 said:

It shows the narrative about nebraska is false. A young up and comer coach chooses nebraska over florida. But why when they have such nice weather and things to do. Its the same crap narrative about recruiting. The national media is so annoying about our weather. 

70 degrees and sunny for the Iowa game on Friday.  What cold weather?

Back in Lincoln for Thanksgiving and talked to a real "insider" (which nobody wants to hear) but he told me "done deal", Scott is N.

I was always pretty sure he'd come but after talking to him I feel much more confident and relaxed instead of anxious.  Just waiting for the announcement.

GBR, I see a beautiful and Frosty winter ahead!

• Plus1 2
12 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

Benning obviously doesn't like Frost personally and that's totally understandable. He's tried his best to not talk about him and he probably would rather he not be the coach. Again, understandable. But when he speaks so vaguely, he leaves nothing but room for people to fill in the blanks of what he means. He should just be honest about his feelings and move on as best he could. The spot on the radio was not the best look for him. 

• Plus1 3