** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

1 minute ago, Hilltop said:

What are the Florida forums saying about Frost?  Do their fans even want him or are they begging for Chip?

They are very very confident that Kelly to UF is a done deal. They rarely bring up Frost. I see Mullen a lot more than Frost.

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, gorp512 said:

Benning obviously doesn't like Frost personally and that's totally understandable. He's tried his best to not talk about him and he probably would rather he not be the coach. Again, understandable. But when he speaks so vaguely, he leaves nothing but room for people to fill in the blanks of what he means. He should just be honest about his feelings and move on as best he could. The spot on the radio was not the best look for him. 

I said as much earlier this fall.  I think he likely blames SF for what happened to LP when it did.  No doubt LP was going to have issues at a later date but it likely wouldn't have happened during the 1995 season.  

29 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Florida is not going to pay a guy $8M a year that has coached a whopping 23 games in his career.  All in the AAC.  This guy doesn't know anything

5 minutes ago, gorp512 said:

Benning obviously doesn't like Frost personally and that's totally understandable. He's tried his best to not talk about him and he probably would rather he not be the coach. Again, understandable. But when he speaks so vaguely, he leaves nothing but room for people to fill in the blanks of what he means. He should just be honest about his feelings and move on as best he could. The spot on the radio was not the best look for him. 

To Lars and Benning:

tenor.gif

As for Benning...hasn't he been the only one that's consistently crapped on Frost-to-Nebraska rumors? If he still has an axe to grind after all these years...it makes sense why he's been crapping all over Frost coming here. 

Edited by VectorVictor
  • Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, gorp512 said:

I agree. If that truly is the case, that Benning simply doesn't like Frost because of circumstances surrounding their time together, he should either drop it or be honest and own up to that. Given his radio job, he's in a tough spot.

Edited by khaake
  • Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, khaake said:

I agree. If that truly is the case, that Benning simply doesn't like Frost because of circumstances surrounding their time together, he should either drop it or be honest and own up to that. Given his radio job, he's in a tough spot.

I haven't listened to Benning's segment this morning, but I don't think it's the case that "Benning doesn't like Frost".  I am sure Benning has questions on what happened the night LP beat Kate McEwen, and there were a lot of rumors going through the team at the time.  Benning has mentioned that he and Frost spent A LOT of time together during those years, as well.  The would hang out a lot in the Claremont apartments in Lincoln, as they would hang out with mutual friends.  Benning has said that he keeps in touch with Frost, although it's been about a year since they last spoke one on one.  I don't think he and Frost would have regular contact if they "didn't like each other".

• Plus1 5

24 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

He's apparently an attention hound.  When LP died, Benning helped facilitate the funeral.  I even contacted Benning directly to donate.  He was very responsive and  I thought, "what a great friend" but this is crap.  

I’ll just just come out and say it.  Not a big Benning fan.  Its all about him. His inflection and long ass questions are an attempt to portray himself as a savant.

I absolutely dread his interviews.  His questions are commentaries.

Great running back though.

• Plus1 9
1 minute ago, gobiggergoredder said:

I’ll just just come out and say it.  Not a big Benning fan.  Its all about him. His inflection and long ass questions are an attempt to portray himself as a savant.

I absolutely dread his interviews.  His questions are commentaries.

Great running back though.

I'm with you 1000%.  

9 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I haven't listened to Benning's segment this morning, but I don't think it's the case that "Benning doesn't like Frost".  I am sure Benning has questions on what happened the night LP beat Kate McEwen, and there were a lot of rumors going through the team at the time.  Benning has mentioned that he and Frost spent A LOT of time together during those years, as well.  The would hang out a lot in the Claremont apartments in Lincoln, as they would hang out with mutual friends.  Benning has said that he keeps in touch with Frost, although it's been about a year since they last spoke one on one.  I don't think he and Frost would have regular contact if they "didn't like each other".

I mean what does SF need to do to answer these questions to these former players?  Will they ever let it go or will it be something fans have to hear like Johnny Rodgers and driving the getaway car cracks I've been hearing my entire life.  

Edited by Herbie95
5 minutes ago, RedNebraskan said:

So Benning holds a grudge against Frost because of college drama 20 years ago??  Stupid.

I don’t think he does. Good grief! They’re both adults and former teammates. I think Damon brings this information up to generate interest in his show plain and simple. He is a sports caster-it’s what they do. 

5 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

And that certainly could be the case. I don't have any insight here, and won't comment on it anymore.

6 minutes ago, Kernel Red said:

For those of you that might be worried about the Lars Anderson tweet saying Florida will go all in on Frost. Hopefully the image below will put this guy (Lars) into context for you. 

Do you really think Bielema would be acceptable to Moos, Green, Bounds or anyone on the BOR?

Screen Shot 2017-11-22 at 10.01.32 AM.png

I HOPE NOT