** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

2 minutes ago, Crazyhole said:

Agreed on the foreman interview.  There's obviously some bad blood between some former players and I think that is the impetus for him saying that frost needs to address the L.P. issue. It would be for former players,  not the fans. 

If that's truly the case, then what's the point of bringing the whole thing up on radio and making it look like there's still an axe to grind?

If one or more players have beef, then they can air it out in private, away from the media. The fact that Benning even brought it up runs counter to what he's saying today. 

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, Crazyhole said:

Agreed on the foreman interview.  There's obviously some bad blood between some former players and I think that is the impetus for him saying that frost needs to address the L.P. issue. It would be for former players,  not the fans. 

If I was Frost I would address the LP issue by telling all those guys to Grow the f#*k up!! It was 20 years ago, as kids in college, maybe it was wrong, maybe it wasn't, but I'm a grown ass man now with a family and a great career. So, when you guys decide to grow up and act like adults come see me.

• Plus1 1

7 minutes ago, C N Red said:

If I was Frost I would address the LP issue by telling all those guys to Grow the f#*k up!! It was 20 years ago, as kids in college, maybe it was wrong, maybe it wasn't, but I'm a grown ass man now with a family and a great career. So, when you guys decide to grow up and act like adults come see me.

He should year his shirt off and yell "I'M A MAN!!!!  I'M 40!!!!!!"

9 minutes ago, C N Red said:

If you would actually listen to the interview, they are basically saying "it was 20 years ago, things are way different now".  I don't think it's an issue to Foreman or Benning anymore, but can't you see it might be an issue to "some former players".  To say Scott isn't blameless in the situation is also not true.  He started dating McEwen shortly after she broke up with LP.  If you don't think that is going to piss off LP and and LP's friends on the team.  I am sure Frost and his teammates would say they wish they handled things differently, but 20 year old kids aren't going to handle things great all the time.

Also, the LP issue came to light again within the past year or so, when he died in prison and the documentary done by Showtime.  I am sure we all want to forget about it, even certain players, but that's not entirely possible. 

• Plus1 1

I see now this was posted before I did

This may have been posted in this massive fast moving snooze and you lose thread,  according to USA Today

Kelly had turned down a Nebraska offer.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2017/11/22/chip-kelly-considers-offers-florida-ucla-turns-down-tennessee/888551001/

Kelly turned down a recent offer from Tennessee, the person said. He is also believed to have turned away interest from Nebraska.

Edited by TGHusker
15 hours ago, krc1995 said:

that's irresponsible.  However, I think we're overinflating Frost's worth to everyone but us and UCF.  Maybe Oregon if the deal is not done before the coaching dominos fall

Regarding the coaching dominos, Oregon  may spend the $ to keep the coach they have, Nike $ may "Win the Day" .