** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

4 minutes ago, knapplc said:

"The situation" is that Lawrence Phillips egregiously physically assaulted a woman.  Nothing - NOTHING - Scott Frost did warranted that action from Phillips.  There is no locker room code that puts blame on Frost in that instance.  That is 100% on Phillips, period.

Putting any blame on Frost also turns Kate McEwen into property, not a person, property subject to some man code of behavior that she, as a woman, is unable to circumvent.  McEwen has every right to date anyone she wants.  Locker room codes do not apply to her, or to the person she chooses to date.

Since when is there a "bro code" stopping teammates from having sexual relations with the same girls? When I was in high school we did it all the time. Talked about it amongst ourselves even. I think it's a fairly common occurrence among HS/College aged kids. So yeah, bringing up that kind of stuff in your 40's is embarrassing if nothing else.

Edited by B.B. Hemingway
  • Plus1 1
15 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

If you would actually listen to the interview, they are basically saying "it was 20 years ago, things are way different now".  I don't think it's an issue to Foreman or Benning anymore, but can't you see it might be an issue to "some former players".  To say Scott isn't blameless in the situation is also not true.  He started dating McEwen shortly after she broke up with LP.  If you don't think that is going to piss off LP and and LP's friends on the team.  I am sure Frost and his teammates would say they wish they handled things differently, but 20 year old kids aren't going to handle things great all the time.

Also, the LP issue came to light again within the past year or so, when he died in prison and the documentary done by Showtime.  I am sure we all want to forget about it, even certain players, but that's not entirely possible. 

Someone will bring this issue up and it won't be a player.  It will be a reporter.  One of the cons of coming back to Nebraska for Scott will be that he will be under a microscope right away simply because he is one of us.

1 minute ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Since when is there a "bro code" stopping teammates from having sexual relations with the same girls? When I was in high school we did it all the time. Talked about it amongst ourselves even. So yeah, bringing up that kind of stuff in your 40's is embarassing if nothing else.

In reality?  Since never.  In some peoples' minds?  It's a thing.  That's why we have to point out that it's not real, that women as equal partners in humanity's existence can do as they choose - even when their choices don't make guys happy. 

• Plus1 1