** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

Qualified?

I have no idea, but I’ll say this. If the UTAD hires Frost, I’ll be about as interested in the upcoming season as I was this year. No hype, no enthusiasm. No confidence that the team is anymore likely to have success than they were under CBJ.

Is Frost a better coach than Jones? Maybe. Heck, I’ll even give you probably, but I’m still in a wait and see mode. He could be the next Saban, but I’m not going to be convinced he’s not the next Butch Jones until I see it on the field.

In a word, he’s uninspiring.

Frost isn't going to go coach for fans like this.

• Plus1 1

Nebraska is not cursed. Nebraska is a victim of a great coach making a bad decision to hand over the program to a guy who is better at micro-managing than he is macro. What came after was a series of bad decisions from "know it alls" who were trying to be the guy as opposed to putting the program first. Remember, we were the biggest and baddest football program in the country and ego's were ready to pounce once Osborne left. All Nebraska needed was a stable administration who wanted to serve the football program and not the other way around. I believe we have that now. 

In addition, even amidst all that turmoil, Nebraska was still playing in conference championships in multiple conferences. Nebraska was producing some of the best Defenses in the last 20 years with some of the best players to ever strap it up in college football. This was with a very flawed head coach. Lets be real here, we have been operating with one arm tied behind our back and we are literally not nearly as irrelevant as the media claims. I heard Josh Peterson say Nebraska will never win a natty again but then you see a team like Wisconsin clearly in that discussion. Our ceiling surpasses Wisc by a long shot. You know what that equates? National Championships.

Lastly, I was told that Frost is coming. Take it to the F%$&@ng bank.

Edited by Vince R.
  • Plus1 3

Here's my take on the Tennessee stuff. Read that thread and see what percent of them want Frost vs those that say he's too risky or Lane Kiffin 2.0.

Now, imo these message boards are a reflection of the fan base and the fan base is a reflection of the boosters. Booster are just rich fans.

My guess is their boosters are probably just as mixed and don't want to "risk" hiring Frost, and he probably isn't even on their radar (except as a desperate contingency) and vice-versa.

They are delusional. Gruden ain't going there and Frost wouldn't touch it.

• Plus1 1

42 minutes ago, The Cornfather said:

I hadn't done any Tennessee message board perusing prior to today because I didn't think we had to worry about them. The Florida competition gave me enough anxiety as it is. I never really thought that Gruden was a serious option for them though either, more like a dream scenario type of thing. I still think SF is N but my poor old heart could do with less of those types of rumors.

As we discussed last night, there will be plenty of rumors circulating about Frost going to other places between now and December 3. At this point, I think it is wise to go into this with the same kind of confidence we used to have when playing Iowa State. We were pretty damn sure of victory, but there was always a small chance of an upset. 

I've already mentioned the exuberance Green and Moos have expressed about Frost, but imagine how it must feel to Scott right now. Damn near every person in the state he grew up in wants him, and only him, to take over the reigns of it's most beloved commodity. That certainly wasn't the case for Solich, Callahan, Pelini, or Riley. Even though he has a job to finish at UCF, the anticipation of bringing in guys he trusts to help him lead the Cornhuskers back to prominence has to be overwhelming. There is no amount of reassurance that will suffice until he signs on the dotted line, but given all that has (and hasn't) happened, I am extremely confident that Scott Frost is coming home.

Go Big Red!

• Plus1 2