** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

12 minutes ago, Landlord said:

What do you define as not too long ago? Florida's recruiting rankings since 2002:

Nebraska only has 7 top-10 recruiting classes in the history of recruiting rankings, combining ALL rankings. Florida has 11 in the last 15 years.

It was not a detriment to Florida, it was that Nebraska had the ability to recruit elite players too. This staff was doing it and this year was the year where all of that was going to come together, but of course the season played out and now he's out. My point was more that Nebraska was not a slouch in recruiting. 

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Vince R. said:

My point was more that Nebraska was not a slouch in recruiting. 

Nebraska having one year where we almost did really good in recruiting doesn't negate Florida being a much easier school to recruit to. They're not really related.

2 minutes ago, huskerfan69 said:

i have inside knowledge to share about the university of nebraska coaching situation.

Prove it please.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, theknife said:

Well, I hope Moos called every proven coach in CFB before offering that kind of money. I love Frost, but that would make him the 3rd highest paid coach in CFB. 

Too me, maybe I'm alone here, it doesn't really matter if his salary is above market value for where he is in his career. It's more about where Nebraska is as a program, and the urgency there should be to return said program to relevancy. If Moos thinks Scott is the guy to do that, then pay him whatever it takes to get him here.

Edited by B.B. Hemingway
  • Plus1 1

For those who think Lincoln, Nebraska is a difficult place to recruit to due to geographical location, I refer you to the University of Washington in Seattle. Yes, Seattle is a large city, but it is as isolated as any college in the country. If you can get over the mindset that Lincoln, Nebraska isn't just cornfields and is actually a pretty cool city for a college student then you will see Nebraska should be on recruiting par with UW.

• Plus1 1

Just now, B.B. Hemingway said:

Too me, maybe I'm alone here, it doesn't really matter if his salary is above market value for where he is in his career. It's more about where Nebraska is as a program, and the urgency there should be to return said program to relevancy. If Moos thinks he is the guy to do that, then pay him whatever it takes to get him here.

Fair enough and I largely agree. I just hope you called some of the top 10 coaches in CFB to offer them the same amount of money.

1 minute ago, BoneyardHusker said:

For those who think Lincoln, Nebraska is a difficult place to recruit to due to geographical location, I refer you to the University of Washington in Seattle. Yes, Seattle is a large city, but it is as isolated as any college in the country. If you can get over the mindset that Lincoln, Nebraska isn't just cornfields and is actually a pretty cool city for a college student then you will see Nebraska should be on recruiting par with UW.

It's about winning. If Frost came to Nebraska and finished in the top 10 in, say year 2 and 3, the recruits would flock to Lincoln.

• Plus1 3
Just now, B.B. Hemingway said:

It's about winning. If Frost came to Nebraska and finished in the top 10 in, say year 2 and 3, the recruits would flock to Lincoln.

Absolutely. If you are winning at Nebraska, probably cant be a much better school to be at as a college football player.

7 hours ago, Herbie95 said:

Kevin Sumlin

Just what I was thinking. It would be a solid place to settle-in where he can win big while making decent money without a bunch of headaches or it could be his springboard back to a bigger job. Either way the table is set for him. If I'm UCF he's #1 and Schano is #2. Schiano did solid work at Rutgers and he can recruit the crap out of Florida.