** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

4 hours ago, Landlord said:

Going back to the recruiting thing, let's also be clear about why/how these things are disadvantages.

Perception is a disadvantage because people on the coasts and in more densely populated areas of the country, where our recruits are, are somewhat ignorant of the heartland states, and they perceive Nebraska to be boring, rural, lacking in diversity, flat, and isolated. All of these things are true to one degree or another. We will always lose out on people because, right or wrong, they perceive a school in Texas or Ohio or California or Florida to be more lively/integrated/cultural/etc.

Geography is a disadvantage because it makes us have to spend way more resources to find players, because fewer of them are nearby, and also because it makes it more unlikely that players and their families will want to come here. Because it is further away from home. Not only that, but logistically, it's much easier to transport people to a school that's A) within easy driving distance, or B) near a major airport (which Omaha is not). Other big time schools have to expend less energy/resources, and don't have to convince as hard, in their quest for football recruits.

As far as perception goes ... I mean , we are the damn Cornhuskers for christ’s sake. We husk corn? The perception isn’t changing anytime soon. I know because of our pastime success fans do not want to change some of our traditional husker ways. This can refer to the demand for a mobile quarterback, bringing back the option, or it can even refer to our red and white uniforms with the N on the helmet. Not saying we should change these, but we have had some bad a$$ alternate uniforms and I know we could mix the modern trends these kids like to see, along with some of the traditional branding we are known for, and come up with some rebranding. I would like to think Moos had something to do with Oregon’s rebranding and creativity in that respect, and hoping he pulls some strings here as well. Perception is definitely everything, and our sh1tkicker of a teamname, along with being in Nebraska, and having a mascot wearing overalls isn’t really screaming “come see the modern facilities and urban environment we can offer our student athletes”. And real quick on the Seattle discussion and how people think Seattle is similar to Lincoln recruiting wise. Other than the huge population difference, amongst many others,  I would say the mere fact that Seattle allows recreational marijuana use shows just how wrong whoever made this comment is. This legalization shows these young men that Seattle is an urban environment with citizens who are chill and have open minds to change. It shows that the people are more liberal and accepting towards diversity, which they know may provide them with more opportunities for them after football. I am sorry but these kids think the exact opppsite of the state of Nebraska and our people. 

19 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

Your analysis of me is as dumb as you are. Sunday or Monday is around the corner and we will see how smart you are. There is a big difference between being defeated and being skeptical of what our administration is going to do given their poor choices over the past two decades. I would love nothing more than Frost taking the job and I posted to that more than fifty times. I just think that there is something fishy happening behind the scenes. However, I do not expect someone as thick as you to understand. We will see what happens in a few days.

Well I can assure you that I am not an idiot. I maybe should not have singled you out, but I have had enough of the passive mentality. You were just the last straw for me. I am correct when I say that Nebraska fans have a tendency to be passive and even take a back seat only so they can not feel the sting of disappointment. I hate that attitude because it is toxic in itself. I’ll do you one better, something will be announced before Sunday or Monday. There is absolutely nothing that insists that Frost is staying at UCF or going to Florida. If he were staying, he would have said so a month ago. End of story. Florida is a good program but you’re going to tell me that he is just going to pack his stuff up for high level job ( with all the pressures and scrutiny) and settle for Florida? And we are going to assume that he will choose Florida because he can recruit better players when he knows better than anyone recruiting great players doesn’t equate to automatic success... the best choice is clearly Nebraska. Your coaching list makes me wonder if your dumb/thick assertion should be directed with a thumb and not at me. Our administration is different these days and they will not settle for the crap Perlman/ eichorst/ Pederson were pumping out. Nothing fishy is happening. It’s called good business. We are not showing our cards because we don’t have to. We have the upper hand with frost from the start. Also, remember I called out in the context of being a fan, not as a person. You’re probably cool as hell but damn calling me an idiot because you’re passive is a bit much. 

• Plus1 1

Happy Thanksgiving Nebraska. What a perfect day to ponder pigskin.  

Frost’s record breaking offense is so fun to watch and I can only imagine playing for him in his system.  It is so ahead of the game and outside of the box - it actually exploits the box- which draws parallels to the potent triple option offense he ran here, which brought us our 5th national championship 20 yrs ago. Some of his plays still have a triple option threat just not out of the i formation. Just gashing plays. I love his innovativeness

If he makes it back here we will have Tom Osborne giving him and our team insight and wisdom on the regular. And you know Dr Tom will be giving incredible pep talks to the players for big games and may even see him strolling around the sidelines

. If Ozzy Osborne is the prince of darkness Tom Osborne is the King of Light.

Forecast: Permafrost

Get your plants inside 

• Plus1 1

Longtime lurker here but wanted to pass on some interesting info. I hope it’s not true. My family has some friends whose son coaches currently with Leach. My dad ran into them last week and they said they were spending Thanksgiving in Washington. Then he said “looks like I’m going to be spending lots of time in Nebraska next year”. 

• Plus1 1
7 hours ago, Vols1891 said:

Personally I would be really nervous to go back to my alma mater because it’s definitely a big risk. You are already a hero there, so my attitude is why potentially mess that up. But to be totally honest, I’m just not a risk taker in general and usually like to take the easy route. People like Scott Frost who are really competitive often welcome those kinds of opportunities and look at it as more of a challenge than a risk.

Bart Starr was a bad head coach for the Packers, but is still beloved by fans today.  If Frost were to fizzle as a coach in Lincoln (which I doubt he will), I don't really see that hurting him overall in the eyes of most fans, especially in the long run.  I think a lot more fans would be mad at him if he skips over going to Nebraska, but joins a new team this year or in the next couple.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Frostborne said:

Happy Thanksgiving Nebraska. What a perfect day to ponder pigskin.  

Frost’s record breaking offense is so fun to watch and I can only imagine playing for him in his system.  It is so ahead of the game and outside of the box - it actually exploits the box- which draws parallels to the potent triple option offense he ran here, which brought us our 5th national championship 20 yrs ago. Some of his plays still have a triple option threat just not out of the i formation. Just gashing plays. I love his innovativeness

If he makes it back here we will have Tom Osborne giving him and our team insight and wisdom on the regular. And you know Dr Tom will be giving incredible pep talks to the players for big games and may even see him strolling around the sidelines

. If Ozzy Osborne is the prince of darkness Tom Osborne is the King of Light.

Forecast: Permafrost

Get your plants inside 

Permafrost is a soil condition, not a weather forecast.....

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, HuskerBob8 said:

Longtime lurker here but wanted to pass on some interesting info. I hope it’s not true. My family has some friends whose son coaches currently with Leach. My dad ran into them last week and they said they were spending Thanksgiving in Washington. Then he said “looks like I’m going to be spending lots of time in Nebraska next year”. 

c5m52.jpg

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, HuskerBob8 said:

I think Jessica knows the Leach family too.  We will see what he says.

Happy Thanksgiving all!  I'm thankful that we have a place where we can talk about football and specifically about our future coach, Scott Frost.  (No Leach please.  We've had enough of 'air ball' with coach Riley.). Have a great day eating, spending time with family, and watching FOOTBALL!  

• Plus1 3