** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

10 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I'm with @Husker from Kansas to an extent. If not Frost, Beliema would be on my short list (probably at the bottom of it). He's a proven winner in the B1G, and his style of ball works in this conference. Whether you like him or not, he took the Wisconsin "thing" to another level. Again, I'd have a few guys ahead of him, but I think it could  work here.

Did he really do that well at Wisconsin? Seems like to me it doesn’t matter who the coach is.  I think Alvarez is the real reason.  

• Plus1 2

Sometimes, things happen for a reason.

Three years ago, Pelini got fired and Riley was hired.  Many of us wanted Scott Frost at that time, but it didn't happen.  Maybe it was for the best in the long run.  Scott has experience as a HC now.  He has grown as a coach and has a national reputation.

Now, the stars are lining up to bring him home.  The time is right.  The position is open.  Scott is ready.  Money is available.  The fan base is pumped.  Our record is such that things can only get better with Scott coaching.  

The stars will never line up like this again.  If it doesn't happen now, it will never happen.  Scott, please come home.  You can do it.  You're ready to coach at Nebraska.  We want you.  Fans haven't been this excited about a prospective coach in 20 years. 

Come and be TO's legacy, as he was for Bob Devaney.  And be your own legacy.

• Plus1 4
Just now, commando said:

i am 100% sure Frost is the next head coach.   i would be shocked if he isn't.  not sure why moos had to be hired for this.....it was frost all the way no matter who was doing the hiring.

We needed an AD.  I’m going to go out on the limb and say that’s why he was hired.

The Moos has a dumpster fire on his hands.  The basketball team is going to have another awful year too.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, T_GBR_FAN said:

Did he really do that well at Wisconsin? Seems like to me it doesn’t matter who the coach is.  I think Alvarez is the real reason.  

Exactly - look at how Wisconsin coaches do when they weren't at WI --- Chryst was very average at Pitt, Anderson was below average at OSU, and we all know Bert is about to get the axe.  Pssst - its not the coaches there -- it's Alvarez.  He's also the reason they all want to leave there, because of his meddling.  And Eichorst thought he would follow his lead.  Only problem was, Eichorst had no business doing it.

• Plus1 3

32 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I have not changed my stance on anything yet. Not sure why everyone has filled with doubt when a couple people started trolling the thread folks. Have a very happy thanksgiving and enjoy time with your family and friends. 

Wait it a minute.....you said “yet”! Time to panic people!:ahhhhhhhh

28 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I'm with @Husker from Kansas to an extent. If not Frost, Beliema would be on my short list (probably at the bottom of it). He's a proven winner in the B1G, and his style of ball works in this conference. Whether you like him or not, he took the Wisconsin "thing" to another level. Again, I'd have a few guys ahead of him, but I think it could  work here.

Huh? What has he done at Arkansas? Absolutely nothing. That turd is at the bottom of my list. If we don’t get frost, I hope they throw a ridiculous amount of money at the likes of stoops, Peterson and Patterson. Make them say no, then move down the list to top coordinators and other up and coming young coaches. Good lord, beliema? No effing way

• Plus1 4

29 minutes ago, T_GBR_FAN said:

Oh come on. Coaching matters. He took that thing to another level, there's no doubting that. He won 3 straight B1G titles, when they hadn't won one since '99. Alvarez provides great stability, but Beliema was a huge part of what they are now.

10 minutes ago, bisonwiches said:

The answer to the coordinators under Frost could be simple. Chinander is his guy, only way it goes differently is if he is tagged as UCF’s next HC. OC, I could see Helfrich or the guy at UCF now. Helfrich wasn’t much as a head coach but he was a hell of a coordinator.

Helfrich won't be a coordinator again. Chinander is ok but I'm hoping there is some weight behind the Grinch rumors. 

Edited by Nebfanatic
15 minutes ago, HuskerJax said:

Huh? What has he done at Arkansas? Absolutely nothing. That turd is at the bottom of my list. If we don’t get frost, I hope they throw a ridiculous amount of money at the likes of stoops, Peterson and Patterson. Make them say no, then move down the list to top coordinators and other up and coming young coaches. Good lord, beliema? No effing way

Well, yeah. I would have those guys above him as well, but my "short list" was a realistic one. Neither of the three you mentioned are realistic candidates to coach at Nebraska. They're just not. I don't think there are a whole lot of proven winners available to Nebraska. 

Edited by B.B. Hemingway