** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

4 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Can't argue with what you just said. Definitely could see the Kelly scenario but that is the only one in which I see him going back to OC. It's interesting to me it seems like Oregon was doing pretty well under Helfrich until Frost left. 4 win season after he took the UCF job, but maybe that would have happened anyway. 

The big drop off with Helfrich hit when Mariotta left and they just weren't able to get another top flight QB which isn't too surprising because MM was a generational talent.  What really cooked Helfrich's goose was they completely fell off a cliff defensively.  It's oddly similar to Solich's tenure now that I think about it.

Edited by Xmas32
  • Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

The big drop off with Helfrich hit when Mariotta left and they just weren't able to get another top flight QB which isn't too surprising because MM was a generational talent.  What really cooked Helfrich's goose was they completely fell off a cliff defensively.  It's oddly similar to Solich's tenure now that I think about it.

Yea now that I think about it, it was probably Brady Hokes fault haha

But they did pretty well with rental Vernon Adams in Frosts last year as OC. You're right, it was the defense. But I do think Frost tends to bring the best out of his QBs. They missed that in 2016 a bit. 

Edited by Nebfanatic
3 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Yea now that I think about it, it was probably Brady Hokes fault haha

But they did pretty well with rental Vernon Adams in Frosts last year as OC. You're right, it was the defense. But I do think Frost tends to bring the best out of his QBs. They missed that in 2016 a bit. 

Agreed, Vernon Adams looked pretty good at QB in a one year rental.  IIRC he missed a few games due to injury and I remember they got roasted by Utah and he got hurt again in that game.

Haha dang I forgot Hoke was at Oregon!

34 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Well, yeah. I would have those guys above him as well, but my "short list" was a realistic one. Neither of the three you mentioned are realistic candidates to coach at Nebraska. They're just not. I don't think there are a whole lot of proven winners available to Nebraska. 

Hey, maybe not realistic, but does that mean just don’t try? Like I said, make them say no. You never know til you try. This whole defeatist attitude, no one will come here, poor us is exactly the problem with the program. Show we are serious and swing for the fences. I would rather keep Riley than go for beliema. Hell, if we’re throwing his name out there, throw out petrino too. We can speculate, but none of us really know what drives each coach, they are all individuals motivated by different aspirations. To say if we can’t get frost we can’t get any of these guys either is a flawed logic. I still think we get frost fwiw 

11 minutes ago, ATS Knight said:

So if someone wanted to be a Husker fan in addition to being a UCF fan, what would they need to know about Husker fanhood? Asking for a friend. 

What does Scott Frost like about Husker fans?

Visit the mecca (Lincoln) on gameday and you will understand. Even this year the home game atmosphere is unique and it's hard to condense into words. 

• Plus1 3

8 minutes ago, ATS Knight said:

So if someone wanted to be a Husker fan in addition to being a UCF fan, what would they need to know about Husker fanhood? Asking for a friend. 

What does Scott Frost like about Husker fans?

Well, there isn't much else to draw attention in the state sports wise. No pro teams or other major football. Saturdays in Nebraska revolve around football. Growing up Saturdays in the fall were always a party. Either a bunch of people come over to our house, or we go to a friends house. I can't tell you the number of people that I've known who moved to the state for a couple years and leave (or stay) having become a Husker fan. It's impossible to be immersed in that culture and not rub off. (Unless they are already a hardcore fan of another college team)

I haven't lived in Nebraska for the last 10 years, and the thing I miss most is Football parties with friends and family where everybody is cheering on Big Red.

• Plus1 2
11 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I am still 200% sure it is frost. I'm saying "yet" because as others have said until ink hits paper. I know we will pay him the most and I know we are home to him. I also know he hasn't backed out of his verbal agreement via his agent with us last Friday. 

Could he back out still? Yep he sure could. Nothing any of us can do about that. But TO gave his blessing already in the whole ordeal to the parties involved. Scott from my understanding has a lot of integrity and I would imagine his word is as good as gold. We will just have to wait and find out. 

Take a day to step away from it all and enjoy family and friends huskerboard! 

I'm reassured to hear this, but at the same time, didn't he tell UCF that he had no plans of leaving, he wasn't done building, etc.? That kinda goes against your whole "word as good as gold"/integrity rationale.