** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

2 minutes ago, famoustitles said:

I saw Scott the other day and asked if he was coaching at Nebraska next year. He said, and I quote, “get out of my house”

If that really was his reaction, then I'm not sure he can handle the responsibilities and pressure of being in Lincoln.

Edited by Oade
  • Plus1 4
18 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

Define ‘stupid’. Do you mean unintelligent? Or do you mean people who don’t agree with you?

Considering I didn't post an opinion for people to disagree with, I'll go with the first one.

So many people who have no concept of reality as far as how coaching searches work and who realistic coaching candidates at Nebraska are. And the amount of people that fall for trolls on this board and start panicking after they post a random troll post is astounding. 

• Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

Considering I didn't post an opinion for people to disagree with, I'll go with the first one.

So many people who have no concept of reality as far as how coaching searches work and who realistic coaching candidates at Nebraska are. And the amount of people that fall for trolls on this board and start panicking after they post a random troll post is astounding. 

You have just described everyone.  This is a discussion board.  Get it, discussion?

Just now, krc1995 said:

You have just described everyone.  This is a discussion board.  Get it, discussion?

You're free to discuss the coaching search just as I'm free to point out that via the discussion a lot of people have proven their ignorance & stupidity regarding the situation. Not sure why you're so offended by this. 

• Plus1 1
15 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

Ok, I was just curious. It was rather a bold statement and I wondered what the impetus was behind it. (I think that many are just ‘snake bit’. So tired of getting our hopes up only to have them crushed once again.)

26 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Haven't heard much out of Moos lately....

Maybe because his job is done. Scott is :bigredn: so Moos is probably st home enjoy turkey with all the trimmings!

12 minutes ago, gtsum2 said:

Looking forward to both the Husker and UCF game tomorrow and then the resulting weekend fallout:)  Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Happy Thanksgiving!

6 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

Seems like people are more interested in coaching searches than football.

They should start a coach search league.

College Football Coach Search: Your football team just had another losing season.  The AD Hiriam D. Putz has been fired, along with the head coach Luis A. Lott and his staff.  You are the chancellor that must hire a new AD and HC, and provide a list of desired coaching assistants for the new HC to consider.

• Plus1 3
9 hours ago, Vince R. said:

Well I can assure you that I am not an idiot. I maybe should not have singled you out, but I have had enough of the passive mentality. You were just the last straw for me. I am correct when I say that Nebraska fans have a tendency to be passive and even take a back seat only so they can not feel the sting of disappointment. I hate that attitude because it is toxic in itself. I’ll do you one better, something will be announced before Sunday or Monday. There is absolutely nothing that insists that Frost is staying at UCF or going to Florida. If he were staying, he would have said so a month ago. End of story. Florida is a good program but you’re going to tell me that he is just going to pack his stuff up for high level job ( with all the pressures and scrutiny) and settle for Florida? And we are going to assume that he will choose Florida because he can recruit better players when he knows better than anyone recruiting great players doesn’t equate to automatic success... the best choice is clearly Nebraska. Your coaching list makes me wonder if your dumb/thick assertion should be directed with a thumb and not at me. Our administration is different these days and they will not settle for the crap Perlman/ eichorst/ Pederson were pumping out. Nothing fishy is happening. It’s called good business. We are not showing our cards because we don’t have to. We have the upper hand with frost from the start. Also, remember I called out in the context of being a fan, not as a person. You’re probably cool as hell but damn calling me an idiot because you’re passive is a bit much. 

I am not passive..I just don’t trust that our administration is always aligned with what the fans see. Just like you pointed that you hate people like me...I loath people like you who want to make themselves feel better by putting others down. You are absolutely DUMB AS A DOOR KNOB because you did not even bother reading and UNDERSTANDING what I wrote. You just want to belittle other fans you don’t agree with. I have never ever made fun or belittled anyone’s opinion. You can disagree with their assessment but the way you did it was completely disrespectful and points out that you are a sad bully and a pathetic excuse of a person. 

Bottom line, we both agree that Scott Frost is the best choice and that was never an issue with me. I am just skeptical because three years ago, everyone on this board was throwing out coaching names and we ended up with a loser with a 0.500 record who led us to two losing seasons. So forgive me for being skeptical you arrogant douchbag.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

I am not passive..I just don’t trust that our administration is always aligned with what the fans see. Just like you pointed that you hate people like me...I loath people like you who want to make themselves feel better by putting others down. You are absolutely DUMB AS A DOOR KNOB because you did not even bother reading and UNDERSTANDING what I wrote. You just want to belittle other fans you don’t agree with. I have never ever made fun or belittled anyone’s opinion. You can disagree with their assessment but the way you did it was completely disrespectful and points out that you are a sad bully and a pathetic excuse of a person. 

Bottom line, we both agree that Scott Frost is the best choice and that was never an issue with me. I am just skeptical because three years ago, everyone on this board was throwing out coaching names and we ended up with a loser with a 0.500 record who led us to two losing seasons. So forgive me for being skeptical you arrogant douchbag.

Lighten up Francis

• Plus1 1
48 minutes ago, Sparker said:

Well, there isn't much else to draw attention in the state sports wise. No pro teams or other major football. Saturdays in Nebraska revolve around football. Growing up Saturdays in the fall were always a party. Either a bunch of people come over to our house, or we go to a friends house. I can't tell you the number of people that I've known who moved to the state for a couple years and leave (or stay) having become a Husker fan. It's impossible to be immersed in that culture and not rub off. (Unless they are already a hardcore fan of another college team)

I haven't lived in Nebraska for the last 10 years, and the thing I miss most is Football parties with friends and family where everybody is cheering on Big Red.

I've never lived in Nebraska but my mom grew up there and my grandparents live there. I've been to 5 or 6 games and you just gave to experience it all like Sparker and someone else said. ATS or friend just come to one game day and you'll understand the draw. Being a Husker is special and SF knows that better than anyone.