** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

40 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

You're free to discuss the coaching search just as I'm free to point out that via the discussion a lot of people have proven their ignorance & stupidity regarding the situation. Not sure why you're so offended by this. 

Gee I dunno? Maybe people don't like being called obtuse... Einstein.

It appears that you might be a tad bit narcissistic and grandiose in calling out others.

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I'm reassured to hear this, but at the same time, didn't he tell UCF that he had no plans of leaving, he wasn't done building, etc.? That kinda goes against your whole "word as good as gold"/integrity rationale.

That quote gets thrown around but when did he actually say that? The quote I'm familiar with he also says something along the lines of he wanted to take them to the top of their league. That is what he was building towards so if he were to win the AAC this year he accomplished what he said he would.

Is the panic because Kelly apparently chose UCLA, leaving Florida seemingly wanting Frost. Do we know that Florida is even interested in Frost?  I could see where Florida thinks he’s too new to head coaching and has no SEC experience. 

Isn’t it interesting that Frost grew up not far from where Kiffin’s dad is from. Small world

1 hour ago, Sparker said:

Well, there isn't much else to draw attention in the state sports wise. No pro teams or other major football. Saturdays in Nebraska revolve around football. Growing up Saturdays in the fall were always a party. Either a bunch of people come over to our house, or we go to a friends house. I can't tell you the number of people that I've known who moved to the state for a couple years and leave (or stay) having become a Husker fan. It's impossible to be immersed in that culture and not rub off. (Unless they are already a hardcore fan of another college team)

I haven't lived in Nebraska for the last 10 years, and the thing I miss most is Football parties with friends and family where everybody is cheering on Big Red.

Some of the greatest food I've ever eaten (or cooked) has been at Husker parties and tailgates. That and like pickup football games and maybe poker or other card games afterwards what what we used to do when I was a kid and a young adult.

1 hour ago, huskerfan74 said:

I am not passive..I just don’t trust that our administration is always aligned with what the fans see. Just like you pointed that you hate people like me...I loath people like you who want to make themselves feel better by putting others down. You are absolutely DUMB AS A DOOR KNOB because you did not even bother reading and UNDERSTANDING what I wrote. You just want to belittle other fans you don’t agree with. I have never ever made fun or belittled anyone’s opinion. You can disagree with their assessment but the way you did it was completely disrespectful and points out that you are a sad bully and a pathetic excuse of a person. 

Bottom line, we both agree that Scott Frost is the best choice and that was never an issue with me. I am just skeptical because three years ago, everyone on this board was throwing out coaching names and we ended up with a loser with a 0.500 record who led us to two losing seasons. So forgive me for being skeptical you arrogant douchbag.

Our administration brought Bo in because the fans clamored for him. So I don’t think that’s 100% correct but I know what you’re saying. The administration fired Eichorst so that he couldn’t make another bad hire. Which is why I said what I said about the new administration. They are all football guys and are upfront about it. They want to get it right. Hence hiring the firm and seeking the advice and opinions from great college football minds.  I am not here to belittle anyone or yourself but read your original post and explain to me the logic in it. You don’t think a former player who has been on record saying Nebraska is his dream job will not come here? Because bs news outlets are putting out trash information when they clearly have no idea what they are talking about? Nebraska fans need to be confident in that they are the clear leader for Frost. Tennessee is a decent job at best. Florida had their best coach in history and found ways to lose him. If you think urban left because of his health, you’re fooling yourself. Even Riley, the career .500 coach won 9 games last year and was a non call away from possibly beating Wisconsin which would have put us at 8-0. That win certainly would have changed our season and maybe even Riley’s job status. The point I’m trying to make is that the reason Riley won 9 games is because the program lends itself to that. If we can get a full dose of competency, we will win. So have confidence. 

Lastly, I’m not a douche bag. 

• Plus1 4