** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

Felt compelled to sign up and join this megathread.  I have no inside sources or new information sadly.  That said I feel the following are reasonable assumptions:

1.     Frost is not staying at UCF.  He's had enough time to consider his options and would make a public statement if he were planning to continue there.  The rumors have to be distracting to his undefeated team and can’t help recruiting efforts.

2.     Frost is most certainly Moos top choice for the position.  If we don't get him it won't be due to lack of effort or capital resources.

3.     I think only NU, Florida, and Oregon (if taggart leaves) are possible destinations.  Tennessee is the SEC version of NU so no reason to go there. Texas A&M has no major advantages on Florida so that seems unlikely as well.

4.  The timing will never be better for Frost to come to NU.  Expectations are reasonable and every fan and booster desperately wants him to be our coach.  He will be provided tremendous support and a very long leash.  Florida and Oregon can't offer that.

5.     Mike Leach would be an awful fit culturally for NU.  His offensive/defensive systems would bother traditionalist and he is brash/eccentric/non-PC.  That said I wouldn’t be surprised if he was at the top of a short list of plan B candidates.  AD knows how to work with him, wins everywhere using 2-3 star players, already has the QBs and receivers on NU's roster to implement his system year 1.

I still think most likely Frost comes and the NU fan base can begin to mend and unify.  

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, TshirtFan said:

Felt compelled to sign up and join this megathread.  I have no inside sources or new information sadly.  That said I feel the following are reasonable assumptions:

1.     Frost is not staying at UCF.  He's had enough time to consider his options and would make a public statement if he were planning to continue there.  The rumors have to be distracting to his undefeated team and can’t help recruiting efforts.

2.     Frost is most certainly Moos top choice for the position.  If we don't get him it won't be due to lack of effort or capital resources.

3.     I think only NU, Florida, and Oregon (if taggart leaves) are possible destinations.  Tennessee is the SEC version of NU so no reason to go there. Texas A&M has no major advantages on Florida so that seems unlikely as well.

4.  The timing will never be better for Frost to come to NU.  Expectations are reasonable and every fan and booster desperately wants him to be our coach.  He will be provided tremendous support and a very long leash.  Florida and Oregon can't offer that.

5.     Mike Leach would be an awful fit culturally for NU.  His offensive/defensive systems would bother traditionalist and he is brash/eccentric/non-PC.  That said I wouldn’t be surprised if he was at the top of a short list of plan B candidates.  AD knows how to work with him, wins everywhere using 2-3 star players, already has the QBs and receivers on NU's roster to implement his system year 1.

I still think most likely Frost comes and the NU fan base can begin to mend and unify.  

I also like T-shirts. Although, I'm in between two sizes right now which can be frustrating.

• Plus1 3

1 minute ago, TshirtFan said:

I was thinking this morning that it would be a bad look, kind of low brow almost, for Moos to drag Leach away from WState after he's received so much credit for getting Leach there.

• Plus1 2

7 minutes ago, Dan_F_31 said:

I think we should prepare ourselves for the national media to rip Frost for making the "wrong" choice if he comes to Nebraska as well.

Alternatively, smart media folks will realize that Scott is coming home to his dream job.  He can raise his son and future children in the best place in the USA.  He'll never get that anywhere else!

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, vwaldoguy said:

Does anyone else know, is there any other  football coach that has ever come back to coach his home team that he won a national championship for, in his home state?

I don't know if that specific scenario has happened. I know that Steve Spurrier won a Heisman at Florida and then went back there to coach. Not exactly the same, I think he's from Tennessee, but similar. Jim Harbaugh to Michigan is also similar, but not the same. He didn't win a Heisman like Spurrier either.

Those are the only two I can think of off the top of my head. Where the guy was an extremely successful QB and then went back to his alma mater to be the head coach.

Well, sad to say, the UCF vs USF game kicks off in 3 hrs and it holds a heck of a lot more interest for me than NU/Iowa. That's just how low the program is. I'd love to see our seniors go out with a win in Memorial Stadium, but realistically this may be the shortest game in school history. Iowa will need to try only a handful of passes, I'm afraid and they will all be on 3rd down. The game plan is clear: Run against one of the worst run defenses in the country. See how much they can beat Minnesota's rushing totals by. The clock will be kept moving and the game time should be mercifully short.

I'm curious to see UCF for the first time, but I have to root for a USF victory just to put SF officially in play sooner. If he's NOT in the championship game or a Jan. 1 bowl game, it just makes the path that much clearer that much sooner. His star will not be diminished too much by a loss today.

2 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

Well, sad to say, the UCF vs USF game kicks off in 3 hrs and it holds a heck of a lot more interest for me than NU/Iowa. That's just how low the program is. I'd love to see our seniors go out with a win in Memorial Stadium, but realistically this may be the shortest game in school history. Iowa will need to try only a handful of passes, I'm afraid and they will all be on 3rd down. The game plan is clear: Run against one of the worst run defenses in the country. See how much they can beat Minnesota's rushing totals by. The clock will be kept moving and the game time should be mercifully short.

I'm curious to see UCF for the first time, but I have to root for a USF victory just to put SF officially in play sooner. If he's NOT in the championship game or a Jan. 1 bowl game, it just makes the path that much clearer that much sooner. His star will not be diminished too much by a loss today.

Meh, depends on the individual. Personally, if the Nebraska game is on, that's what I'm watching. No matter the state of the program.

• Plus1 4