** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

53 minutes ago, grandpasknee said:

I was thinking this morning that it would be a bad look, kind of low brow almost, for Moos to drag Leach away from WState after he's received so much credit for getting Leach there.

Agree. Another reason it’s stupid for the media to keep regurgitating it. If Leach is all we wanted we didn’t need to hire his AD to do it.

9 minutes ago, ATS Knight said:

This is the trap we're in. SEC teams schedule OOC scrubs and everyone's like, "It's fine, they have to play the SEC! They should take it easy." Then when they get beat in big bowl games, it's like, "They just had a down year." "So&So played like it was their Super Bowl."

In the AAC, the top teams are beating the teams that will actually schedule home and homes with them, which are middle of the road P5s. Then it's like, "You need to play someone better than that..." and "They need to show more than that, they're only playing AAC teams..."

Again, it is tough to go undefeated. USF is a good team and they couldn't even go undefeated with their cupcake schedule. Are there really 10 teams that could go undefeated with our schedule? I'll concede that there are no marquee wins, but beating the crap out of a bunch of decent teams is no small feat. Just because you're favored for every game does not mean you will win them all. 

Just edited my post and listed 10 off the top of my head that I would bet anything could go undefeated with your schedule. As I mention in that post, a huge advantage of a schedule and conference like yours is that your mid and lower tier teams are so bad whereas in the big ten or Sec those mid tier teams like Northwestern, Iowa, LSU or Miss St. still take a toll on your team if you win. 

Edited by olddominionhusker
  • Plus1 1
1 minute ago, cheekygeek said:

Yes it does. I realize this is the time for all those who see themselves as The True Fans to come out and say things like this, but for a good percentage of us it is not that difficult to see how non-competitive this team is and it is downright painful to see that, when the Game Plan is so obviously against us, that it is going to be a painful thing to watch. Full disclosure: I will probably have my ears on the Husker game and my eyes on the UCF game.

The team as a whole (excluding a few) has showed no fire the second half of the season.  I hate to be that guy, but you would see more energy from the elderly at a Saturday night bingo than you would from most of our guys.

2 minutes ago, Crazyhole said:

UCF being undefeated is impressive.  There are probably a half dozen teams that could have done it as well, the only difference is that if those teams had done it they would be ranked 2nd or 3rd.  Put Ohio State in that scenario and they'd be getting a lot more respect than UCF is. 

While UCF being undefeated is impressive especially under the short time Scott Frost has been there, I think that a good majority of the top 20 teams in college football would be undefeated with the Knights schedule as well.  If let's say they had an away game at Wisconsin, or at Miami and came out with a W that could capitalize a "message to the playoff committee" about being under serious consideration.

6 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

Yes it does. I realize this is the time for all those who see themselves as The True Fans to come out and say things like this, but for a good percentage of us it is not that difficult to see how non-competitive this team is and it is downright painful to see that, when the Game Plan is so obviously against us, that it is going to be a painful thing to watch. Full disclosure: I will probably have my ears on the Husker game and my eyes on the UCF game.

I didn't say anything about "true fans". My reasoning: We only get so many of these games a year (12-15) so I want to watch every one of them.

• Plus1 3
10 minutes ago, TherealTomOsborne said:

While UCF being undefeated is impressive especially under the short time Scott Frost has been there, I think that a good majority of the top 20 teams in college football would be undefeated with the Knights schedule as well.  If let's say they had an away game at Wisconsin, or at Miami and came out with a W that could capitalize a "message to the playoff committee" about being under serious consideration.

Honestly answer the question of what you think UCF record would be if they played in the SEC. Probably .500 at best. 

And if you do play in a conference like that and want to be given serious consideration, you can’t be scheduling Austin Peay. P5 schools can get away with that because their conference schedule puts a beating on them. Yours does not. 

They in no way should even be mentioned in playoff talk in my opinion 

Edited by olddominionhusker
  • Plus1 2
6 minutes ago, olddominionhusker said:

Just edited my post and listed 10 off the top of my head that I was updated bet anything could go undefeated with your schedule. As I mention in that post, a huge advantage of a schedule and conference like yours is that your mid and lower tier teams are so bad whereas in the big ten or Sec those mid tier teams like Northwestern, Iowa, LSU or Miss St. still take a toll on your team if you win. 

3 minutes ago, TherealTomOsborne said:

2 minutes ago, olddominionhusker said:

Honestly answer the question of what you think UCF record would be if they played in the SEC. Probably .500 at best. 

They in no way should even be mentioned in playoff talk. 

That's a fair point about the better conference taking a toll, but I just don't see 10-15 teams playing as well as us this year. I know this because I watched the UCF that played Miss State in the Liberty Bowl. Everyone predicted a State blowout. "CUSA can't hang with the bottom of the SEC, let alone a bowl-eligible one". We lost by a touchdown. *shrug "I guess Miss State wasn't as good as we thought.."

We went back to the Liberty Bowl and played Georgia. "The Bulldogs will DESTROY UCF. No team in the SEC has stopped their offense ALL YEAR." 10-6 UCF *shrug "That was weird"

We go to the Fiesta Bowl against Baylor, same story. I'm not shocked y'all think we're there's no way that we could hang in the SEC. Maybe we'll see, maybe we won't. But I know this UCF team is better than any of those previous teams. We'll see if they live up to what I see. 

1 minute ago, ATS Knight said:

That's a fair point about the better conference taking a toll, but I just don't see 10-15 teams playing as well as us this year. I know this because I watched the UCF that played Miss State in the Liberty Bowl. Everyone predicted a State blowout. "CUSA can't hang with the bottom of the SEC, let alone a bowl-eligible one". We lost by a touchdown. *shrug "I guess Miss State wasn't as good as we thought.."

We went back to the Liberty Bowl and played Georgia. "The Bulldogs will DESTROY UCF. No team in the SEC has stopped their offense ALL YEAR." 10-6 UCF *shrug "That was weird"

We go to the Fiesta Bowl against Baylor, same story. I'm not shocked y'all think we're there's no way that we could hang in the SEC. Maybe we'll see, maybe we won't. But I know this UCF team is better than any of those previous teams. We'll see if they live up to what I see. 

Once again, week in and week out playing P5 schools is a whole different animal then the one off bowl game. Take your Miss St. example. During the season when you guys are lining up with UConn and Maine, they have Auburn, Bama, LSU to deal with. I’m looking at this from a season perspective not game to game. 

• Plus1 2

I want Frost to be coach, that being said, I am surprised no one brings up the fact if he would still be undefeated at UCF had they played Georgia Tech. Especially, if Tech beats Georgia today. Not to mention if they had played and lost, would we be seeing nearly the "coaching buzz" concerning Frost?  Me personally, I just think the stars aligned for a reason and it is destiny for Scott Frost to be the Head Coach of The Nebraska Cornhuskers Football Program! 

16708657_1394986800574093_472095457460981452_n.jpg