** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

7 minutes ago, Huskr25 said:

Hmm seems to me you just characterized all blueblood programs minus recruiting difficulties. Remember, Florida just fired a coach that had 2 divisional championships in 3 years. Our coach had the worst season since 1961. Which one should be fired? 

This is why I feel safe we will land Frost.  McElwain went to two SEC championships and the first mis-step he took Florida looked for a way to fire him with cause to not pay him.  Frost has no connection to Florida.  If he doesn't win he'll be churned out of there also.  There is no way we are going to do that with Frost.  He'll have Osborne in his corner and much fan support to give him time.  Pelini lasted quite awhile without ever winning a championship.  If Riley could have just won the winnable games he'd be here but c'mon we got crushed in most of our losses and nearly lost also to Purdue and Arky St.  It just didn't work.  He was on his way out of Oregon St. and the Pac 12 and we gave him extended life.  I wanted it to work and be a great story but it was pretty bad.   

Edited by chamrocck
  • Plus1 2

29 minutes ago, dvdcrr said:

Not sure, Allan maybe a couple years before you?

Ever tried saying what you believe even when you know you are going to catch hell, or do you just jump like a lemming?

If Scott cared so much about NU, why did he bolt the state for Stanford?  

Why didn't he throw his hat in three years ago?

Other than cold green cash, why would he want to come to this meat grinder conference, crushing fan and media expectation, with real recruiting difficulties, a place where coach careers go to die in the last 15 years?

When he can wait for a better spot, equal cash while playing annually for CC's?  

Love of the state?  He seems a little too goal oriented for that to me.

Another Debbie downer! Super original.

32 minutes ago, dvdcrr said:

Ever tried saying what you believe even when you know you are going to catch hell, or do you just jump like a lemming?

Other than cold green cash, why would he want to come to this meat grinder conference, crushing fan and media expectation, with real recruiting difficulties, a place where coach careers go to die in the last 15 years?

I think you have some points that are going to be asked, if he comes and most certainly if he doesn’t, but all have answers that we’ll never know.  Personally, I think that he’s more interested in winning than he is in emotional ties and that’s a good thing. 

2 minutes ago, dvdcrr said:

Yes, Scott is about to be among the highest paid coaches in the country, but the thing that will bring him to Nebraska is the challenge. He knows the history. He knows the story of Bob Devaney taking over after several coaches tried and failed to bring Nebraska out of a 20+ year slump. He knows that Devaney used the unrivaled passion and grit of an entire state to re-establish Nebraska as one of the winningest college football programs of all time. He knows that Devaney handed the team to a Nebraska kid named Tom Osborne. The point is, Scott knows that Nebraska football is not defined by the last 15 years. Despite the problems Nebraska has experienced recently, the Huskers still have the best record of any college football team in the last 50 years and own the fifth best record of all time.

Scott Frost literally grew up with that history in his blood. Both of his parents spent their lives coaching football in Nebraska. Yes, Scott disappointed Husker fans when left the state to go to Stanford, but he came home to accept the immense challenge of following in the footsteps of a two time national championship quarterback. He knew It would be a difficult path, but he came home anyway, on a mission. He fought hard to win his stripes and ultimately rewarded his home state and his beloved coach with another national championship. 

Frost is clearly confident in his ability to lead others to greatness on the football field. He was not pleased when the now fired AD didn't even call him 3 years ago. So, in 2017, when his home state, represented by the AD that led Oregon out of the wilderness, calls and offers him a lucrative salary to return his alma matter back to the top, why wouldn't he believe he can do the job? Scott doesn't look at Nebraska as a struggling program, he sees it as a team he will coach back to greatness. What could be more goal oriented than that?

• Plus1 5
29 minutes ago, Packerhuskerfan said:

I have no issues about Scott coaching the bowl game as long as he is announced as our new head coach shortly after the conference championship game.  We just need to worry about getting him to sign the dotted line.  The recruiting class coming up is not going to be anything special regardless.  This is about the long term.

It would be highly unlikely, it’s putting himself and his new staff behind the 8 ball from the get go. With 13+ spots open in this class he and his staff would get to work as quick as possible after the conference championship. 

• Plus1 1

From football scoop...

Nebraska: Lars Anderson of Bleacher Report notes tonight his source tells him Scott Frost to Nebraska is a done deal. Anderson holds himself out as having deep connections to Nebraska. For what it is worth, sources tell FootballScoop Florida officials feel very confident in their ability to secure Frost as their next head coach. All of this comes after many, many coaches told FootballScoop Chip Kelly plans to choose UCLA over Florida.

1 minute ago, hansenn said:

I’m not necessarily nervous that Florida would pull Frost away from Nebraska. I trust Hedley and Lars and whatever other sources are saying he’s a lock. But I almost feel like Florida is trying to taunt us with their nonchalant confidence that they can get Frost.

Well when they get smacked in the face with a brick wall when they don't land either it'll just be all the more hilarious. They'll finally wake up and realize bleeding husker red is more important to us nebraska natives then anything. 

• Plus1 3
16 minutes ago, FearAmeer said:

Well when they get smacked in the face with a brick wall when they don't land either it'll just be all the more hilarious. They'll finally wake up and realize bleeding husker red is more important to us nebraska natives then anything. 

That and how they've treated their coaches isn't winning them any goodwill.

Im going to bed.  I read all the UCF news here plus all the Nebraska news back out of lincoln.  LOL.  UCF who is a small time program has class, answers and coaching worthy of a playoff.  Nebraska who is a Juggernaut of college football has been reduced to a joke.  Barely able to even negotiate a press conference.   All the way down to the assistant coaches.  The D coordinator is laughable.   He is actually a comedian.  Lincoln wilI really enjoy a Frost media day.  That guy is a class act.  I paraphrase your D coach as saying “so its crazy to see and think that all these nebraska fans, the day after thanksgiving, awe inspiring.  They filled the place 91,000 strong even given the terrible yr.   I typically dont do a good job of explaining what I mean, but I mean,....we got a stop.  Then there was the physical strength of them (Iowa) which we had to try to handle, that coupled with what I've been saying and, well, it's inevitable.  I mean what I've been saying like I mean we didn't stack up....physically....so that what you see isn't always what I mean to do out there but then there was that punt run back or three coupled with our fatigue.  It's evidently self evident if you see the evidence of what is inevitable when physicality meets strain.  LOL