** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

I do not understand what in Scott Frost's comments after his game tonight seems to indicate that he is a lock for Nebraska. I am not trying to be negative in any way but I am curious as to why so many people are confident. What I took from his comments is that his team deserves his undivided attention and therefore, I would be very pleasantly surprised if he was announced as Nebraska's next head coach. If he is planning to do that, I would think that he would hold off until after his game next week. I remain cautiously optimistic.

10 minutes ago, Husker4ever319 said:

I do not understand what in Scott Frost's comments after his game tonight seems to indicate that he is a lock for Nebraska. I am not trying to be negative in any way but I am curious as to why so many people are confident. What I took from his comments is that his team deserves his undivided attention and therefore, I would be very pleasantly surprised if he was announced as Nebraska's next head coach. If he is planning to do that, I would think that he would hold off until after his game next week. I remain cautiously optimistic.

Go back to I think page 188 and read from there...Obviously there’s nothing concrete. But there is definitely reputable people on this message board with sources of their own that give me a good feeling of what’s to come. That mixed with reading between the lines on some things.

2 hours ago, Herbie Husker said:

From football scoop...

Nebraska: Lars Anderson of Bleacher Report notes tonight his source tells him Scott Frost to Nebraska is a done deal. Anderson holds himself out as having deep connections to Nebraska. For what it is worth, sources tell FootballScoop Florida officials feel very confident in their ability to secure Frost as their next head coach. All of this comes after many, many coaches told FootballScoop Chip Kelly plans to choose UCLA over Florida.

All things being equal, and realizing that "stranger things" can happen...I would be absolutely SHOCKED if Scott Frost chooses Florida, Tennessee, or any other school, over Nebraska.

• Plus1 2
5 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Who is this clown? clown.gif

He or she is a Huskerboard member that is stating their opinion.  You don't don't have to agree with it, but perhaps you having something better to add?  Attack the post, not poster.

Edited by adc7236
  • Plus1 2

5 hours ago, Packerhuskerfan said:

I have no issues about Scott coaching the bowl game as long as he is announced as our new head coach shortly after the conference championship game.  We just need to worry about getting him to sign the dotted line.  The recruiting class coming up is not going to be anything special regardless.  This is about the long term.

So how would that work? Frost would necessarily have to quit his UCF job to sign the NU contract. Then Frost stays at UCF through Jan 2nd while being employed at NU. Makes no sense. 

What about recruiting? That starts on Sunday. You'd be ok with Frost taking the whole month of Dec off from recruiting so he can coach for a school that he no longer is employed by? Please don't suggest he could do both.

5 hours ago, Herbie Husker said:

From football scoop...

Nebraska: Lars Anderson of Bleacher Report notes tonight his source tells him Scott Frost to Nebraska is a done deal. Anderson holds himself out as having deep connections to Nebraska. For what it is worth, sources tell FootballScoop Florida officials feel very confident in their ability to secure Frost as their next head coach. All of this comes after many, many coaches told FootballScoop Chip Kelly plans to choose UCLA over Florida.

LOL.  'Many, man coaches told FootballScoop Chip Kelly plans to choose UCLA over Florida.'

I doubt 'coaches' know what the hell football scoop even is.  

1 minute ago, Beez said:

LOL.  'Many, man coaches told FootballScoop Chip Kelly plans to choose UCLA over Florida.'

I doubt 'coaches' know what the hell football scoop even is.  

Actually I think you would be surprised at how close and networked assistant coaches are to various media outlets. It may not be a lot of head coaches who know Football Scoop, but I think a good % of assistant coaches are good sources of info for that site.  

• Plus1 1
Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

Actually I think you would be surprised at how close and networked assistant coaches are to various media outlets. It may not be a lot of head coaches who know Football Scoop, but I think a good % of assistant coaches are good sources of info for that site.  

Maybe they'll leak info ESPN writers or beat writes, but football scoop is a freaking joke.  You really think coaches are just itching to tell 'football scoop' that Chip Kelly is the next hire at UCLA?

4 minutes ago, Beez said:

Maybe they'll leak info ESPN writers or beat writes, but football scoop is a freaking joke.  You really think coaches are just itching to tell 'football scoop' that Chip Kelly is the next hire at UCLA?

Considering Football Scoop has been doing their work for nearly 20 years and are very close to the assistant coaching community, I would say they get better sources than guys at ESPN or other “big outlets”. It may not be for every job they discuss, but I would consider them a better source for insider info than ESPN. 

• Plus1 1
Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

Considering Football Scoop has been doing their work for nearly 20 years and are very close to the assistant coaching community, I would say they get better sources than guys at ESPN or other “big outlets”. It may not be for every job they discuss, but I would consider them a better source for insider info than ESPN. 

If ESPN is reporting something with "sources say....." It usually means the following words are going to be incorrect.