** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

5 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

Yeah, but here is the thing. Is it fair to Riley and the recruits to just let him mingle around for a  few more days? If you're going to fire him, get it over with today so we can be clear of our intentions.

Is it fair to the student athletes to not have a coach for a week? I mean we can play the fair game all around but it really doesn't matter. It's a timeframe of less than a week we are talking about. He is paid to be our head coach so I don't see a problem.

1 hour ago, Enhance said:

This is incorrect.

UCF is not in a great football situation. They're competing with power five schools for the best local talent, they don't have top tier facilities, they're unlikely to ever make the CFP in that conference and they don't have strong booster/fan support. They're undefeated but they lost every single game they played two seasons ago, lest we forget.

Nebraska, despite its recent failing, is objectively a better job than UCF.

Well it is worth respect that you came with some points.

8 hours ago, Kernel Red said:

Yes, Scott is about to be among the highest paid coaches in the country, but the thing that will bring him to Nebraska is the challenge. He knows the history. He knows the story of Bob Devaney taking over after several coaches tried and failed to bring Nebraska out of a 20+ year slump. He knows that Devaney used the unrivaled passion and grit of an entire state to re-establish Nebraska as one of the winningest college football programs of all time. He knows that Devaney handed the team to a Nebraska kid named Tom Osborne. The point is, Scott knows that Nebraska football is not defined by the last 15 years. Despite the problems Nebraska has experienced recently, the Huskers still have the best record of any college football team in the last 50 years and own the fifth best record of all time.

Scott Frost literally grew up with that history in his blood. Both of his parents spent their lives coaching football in Nebraska. Yes, Scott disappointed Husker fans when left the state to go to Stanford, but he came home to accept the immense challenge of following in the footsteps of a two time national championship quarterback. He knew It would be a difficult path, but he came home anyway, on a mission. He fought hard to win his stripes and ultimately rewarded his home state and his beloved coach with another national championship. 

Frost is clearly confident in his ability to lead others to greatness on the football field. He was not pleased when the now fired AD didn't even call him 3 years ago. So, in 2017, when his home state, represented by the AD that led Oregon out of the wilderness, calls and offers him a lucrative salary to return his alma matter back to the top, why wouldn't he believe he can do the job? Scott doesn't look at Nebraska as a struggling program, he sees it as a team he will coach back to greatness. What could be more goal oriented than that?

I think we have a winner.  If I were in the University media relations dept. I would hire you.