** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

1 minute ago, Crazyhole said:

I haven't heard the talk about Campbell that others apparently have.  My understanding is that Fuente is our number 2 and has reciprocated interest and that Mullen is 3.  Under no circumstances will we have to move on to number 4 because we will get one of our top 3. 

I would be very surprised if we get past 2, because of the bolded being true.

4 minutes ago, olddominionhusker said:

I get that we want Frost but let’s not lose sight of the fact that Fuente or Campbell would be big upgrades guys. You would be hard pressed to find any coach that would actually be worse for this program then what we just unloaded

I agree that Fuente and Campbell are upgrades, but IMO, they are no better than Solich or Bo (performance only, not behavior).

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Crazyhole said:

I haven't heard the talk about Campbell that others apparently have.  My understanding is that Fuente is our number 2 and has reciprocated interest and that Mullen is 3.  Under no circumstances will we have to move on to number 4 because we will get one of our top 3. 

Well I would find it hard to buy that we are going to be financially sensible as Moos said and turn around and pay a 9 mil buyout to ISU on top of everything else

3 minutes ago, SouthofSarpy said:

I'm starting to wonder what the psyche of the fan base will be if Frost says no.  Could be a lot of tough days for Husker Nation if their number 1 target rebukes the offer.   

The therapist and liquor businesses will have an upswing in activity? 

14 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

Does anyone else remember someone posting on HB that Campbell called Huskers ‘fing’ Hillbillies?

That doesn't sound like him.

Why put that on here unless you have proof? I get that you guys are dead set on Frost but please don't kill the next guy before he starts if it isn't Frost. Campbell is a good guy and a good coach.

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, MichiganDad3 said:

I agree that Fuente and Campbell are upgrades, but IMO, they are no better than Solich or Bo (performance only, not behavior).

Fuente took a Memphis team that had 2, 1, 2 wins in the 3 years before him to 10 wins and a conference title in year 3.  

He also has won 10 and 9 games at VT, something Beamer didn’t do his last 4 years there.

Just now, Red Five said:

Fuente took a Memphis team that had 2, 1, 2 wins in the 3 years before him to 10 wins and a conference title in year 3.  

He also has won 10 and 9 games at VT, something Beamer didn’t do his last 4 years there.

Yeah.  I want Frost, but I wouldn't exactly put Frost above Fuente as a coach.

3 minutes ago, jaws said:

That doesn't sound like him.

Why put that on here unless you have proof? I get that you guys are dead set on Frost but please don't kill the next guy before he starts if it isn't Frost. Campbell is a good guy and a good coach.

I thought baby Ferentz said something like that but I am not sure.