** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

30 minutes ago, MichiganDad3 said:

Solich and Bo won 9 & 10 games. I thought we started this exercise by firing Solich because 9 and 10 wins wasn't good enough? If we don't get Frost I will be disappointed. I would be OK with  Brent Venables.

So just to be clear you're not ok with Fuente who brought a Memphis program back from the dead and has VT running at a level that Beamer hadn't hit in 4 years but you'd be ok with Venables who has never been a HC?  Got it.

• Plus1 1

Seriously guys it’s a verbal commitment. Hedley has no control over whether Frost honors that or not. It’s not like he’s the only one saying this. Lars Anderson once again confirmed today he has heard it’s a “done deal” by a high placed source he trusts. 

Moos is not going to come out in a press conference and tip his hand or appear desperate. 

Thanks for the info Hedley

• Plus1 3

3 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

All of you that think he said P5 is requirement go watch it again. Not what he said 

You're late with that; other have already clarified Moos' comments.

When he first started saying that was the only time I thought that it might not be Frost.

7 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Hedley hasn't wavered a single time. Anyone saying otherwise hasn't been paying attention.

He said Frost has made a verbal agreement - i.e. he has said he will coach for Nebraska, and the only way he doesn't become the coach is if he reneges on his verbal agreement. Nothing Hedley has said has changed when it comes to this.

Yup.  This should be pinned at the top of every page in this thread

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

So just to be clear you're not ok with Fuente who brought a Memphis program back from the dead and has VT running at a level that Beamer hadn't hit in 4 years but you'd be ok with Venables who has never been a HC?  Got it.

If we are being really honest here, take away the Nebraska ties and Fuente is the better hire objectively. 

• Plus1 4
Just now, olddominionhusker said:

If we are being really honest here, take away the Nebraska ties and Fuente is the better hire objectively. 

Agreed.  Having frost out there affects people's perceptions.   Fuente was my first choice last time and I'd say he's an equal choice this time.  I'm just thrilled that it appears we will get one of them. 

We could do worse, but I wouldn’t be a fan of a Sumlin hire. He’s been trending badly downward since losing Manziel even though he’s had a lot of NFL talent on the roster. I credit him for having that talent on the roster in the first place, but doing less with more is a major red flag.

Maybe he needs a change of scenery but Fuente, Campbell, and Frost look way better to me than Sumlin or Leach.

1 minute ago, olddominionhusker said:

Yes, he is.  If a sitting Power 5 Head Coach with two out of two years of 9/10 wins wants to jump to Nebraska, that is a prestige building home run hire.  That is as good of a Plan B as anyone has ever had.

And if Bud Foster comes with...

1 minute ago, olddominionhusker said:

Seriously guys it’s a verbal commitment. Hedley has no control over whether Frost honors that or not. It’s not like he’s the only one saying this. Lars Anderson once again confirmed today he has heard it’s a “done deal” by a high placed source he trusts. 

Moos is not going to come out in a press conference and tip his hand or appear desperate. 

Thanks for the info Hedley

Absolutely agreed.

In addition to the Anderson tweets, I'd offer this food for thought......if Frost wasn't going to accept, I think he would have already said so.  I don't think Frost would keep Nebraska holding on if he knew he wasn't coming.  And, even more importantly, I don't think he'd do that to Osborne.  Frost would have made it known he's not coming.

• Plus1 5
6 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

All of you that think he said P5 is requirement go watch it again. Not what he said 

Agreed. The way I took it was that he said "fbs", but when said "i could say p5 but i wont/didnt" means that he could eliminate any thoughts that the next coach would only be from a P5, but hes not stating that because its simply not true.