** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

1 minute ago, TheSker said:

Absolutely agreed.

In addition to the Anderson tweets, I'd offer this food for thought......if Frost wasn't going to accept, I think he would have already said so.  I don't think Frost would keep Nebraska holding on if he knew he wasn't coming.  And, even more importantly, I don't think he'd do that to Osborne.  Frost would have made it known he's not coming.

I think the wafflers are underestimating Osborn'es role in this, not from an actual hiring perspective, but from an advisory perspective.

3 minutes ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

Yes, he is.  If a sitting Power 5 Head Coach with two out of two years of 9/10 wins wants to jump to Nebraska, that is a prestige building home run hire.  That is as good of a Plan B as anyone has ever had.

And if Bud Foster comes with...

3 minutes ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

Yes, he is.  If a sitting Power 5 Head Coach with two out of two years of 9/10 wins wants to jump to Nebraska, that is a prestige building home run hire.  That is as good of a Plan B as anyone has ever had.

And if Bud Foster comes with...

I live in Tech country. Know the program very well. Can’t see Bud leaving. Guy loves VT. Think about how hard it must have been to publicly throw your hat in the ring for the HC job, not get it, and still stay. But yeah both of those guys? Sign. Me. Up. 

23 minutes ago, ATS Knight said:

I think what KRC is referencing is Hedley's attitude, not necessarily his words. I don't think there is a conflict between how much of the contract can be done ahead of time, but I've also noticed a shift from "Don't worry, Frost is N" and "It's done, it will happen soon" to "We'll see if he's a man of his word" and "He has a choice to make". 

I don't think Hedley is a liar or trying to lead anyone astray but I think there is some nervousness about the perceived shift in confidence. 

You nailed it

• Plus1 2
29 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

We offered the job to Scott in Dallas the weekend of 11/4. As of last Friday he verbally agreed. None of that has changed. I guess I do not know what in the press conference makes any of that void? 

You can't expect Moos to bring any of that to light. If Scott backs out and Moos says he offered someone and they verbally accepted but he cannot say who for a week then what? He literally has to play the cards he played today. Saying he had a list and was doing his due diligence etc....nothing he said makes me question anything I was told from a rather hefty booster. 

Do boosters know everything?  

1 minute ago, 614Husker said:

Great.  We now have fans who believe Fuentes is a better candidate than Frost.  Fuentes has never lost less than 3 games in a season. 

For me, anything less than Frost is a disappointment.  

Fuente is a better candidate than Frost as he is younger and younger is always better.