** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

Just now, Moiraine said:

The expectations at UCLA are far lower, the fan base doesn't care that much (doesn't sell out many games). They haven't won anything important. It seems like a great fit. I never really even thought of him as an option at Nebraska because I didn't think he'd like it and if he came here I didn't think he'd stay long.

Yep UCLA is tailor made for Chip. If he does do well he can play for a National Championship but he won’t have any of the lofty expectations he would have at Florida or NEb. Recruiting is easy in LA as well. Not that I know him personally but from everything I heard it’s the perfect job for his demeanor. 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

The original offer we made to Frost was 7 year $30 mil on 11/3-11/4 in Dallas. I know this as 100% fact.

The next part has a bit to do with Moos dodging a question as well as something I have continued to state that now adds up and makes total sense. 

Moos did not comment on being in Philadelphia the weekend of Penn St game. I had made mention that Frost verbally accepted as of last Friday multiple times in this thread. Aka Scott was in Philly. I did not pay attention to the idea of Moos being in Philly but now it would completely add up. The meeting in Philly part is not something I know as fact but more about adding things up. 

I am not here trying to spread rumors etc just posting things that I believe to be factual and worthwhile. Not here to get into pissing matches etc regarding who is right or who is wrong. 

Thanks for the clarification (no need, but thx)  Still feel good Frost is coming?

Just now, Hedley Lamarr said:

I have not changed my stance at all 200% N 

So everyone please chill. Gonna be tons of crap articles the next week by national media who hope frost goes somewhere other than Nebraska. And let's let hedley give us an update soon as there is something to update. I doubt hedleys source is calling scott daily asking if he still committed 

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

The original offer we made to Frost was 7 year $30 mil on 11/3-11/4 in Dallas. I know this as 100% fact.

The next part has a bit to do with Moos dodging a question as well as something I have continued to state that now adds up and makes total sense. 

Moos did not comment on being in Philadelphia the weekend of Penn St game. I had made mention that Frost verbally accepted as of last Friday multiple times in this thread. Aka Scott was in Philly. I did not pay attention to the idea of Moos being in Philly but now it would completely add up. The meeting in Philly part is not something I know as fact but more about adding things up. 

I am not here trying to spread rumors etc just posting things that I believe to be factual and worthwhile. Not here to get into pissing matches etc regarding who is right or who is wrong. 

Thank you for the info and updates.  I, for one, have appreciated it.

• Plus1 2

25 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I would hate to be a Florida fan right now. They had ages to convince Kelly and couldn't, and then to find out UCLA isn't even paying him 5 million... That would suck.

Florida has only themselves to blame for their situation.  Running a guy out the door after he takes you to two conference championship games in three years makes a difference.

That's the other reason why I don't think they get Frost.  The ceiling is very high there with recruiting and such, but the floor is right below the freaking ceiling.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, alexhortdog95 said:

Florida has only themselves to blame for their situation.  Running a guy out the door after he takes you to two conference championship games in three years makes a difference.

That's the other reason why I don't think they get Frost.  The ceiling is very high there with recruiting and such, but the floor is right below the freaking ceiling.

There is def something odd about that situation. I don't buy they fired him cause he exaggerated threats to his family. Any prospective coach will want a good explanation and I don't think they have one 

10 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I have not changed my stance at all 200% N 

You are by far my favorite poster. People love to be pessimistic about Scott having any desire to come here. I believe if Scott is half the Husker fan as I am, he is willing to do whatever he can to fix the Big Red. Do you think Moos waits until after UCF's CCG to make the announcement?