** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

Just now, BartonHusker said:

Pete Thamel

SOURCE: Florida is targeting Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen as its next head coach. Decision expected by the end of the day.

So wont be announced til monday. Or maybe tuesday. Or maybe next weekend. Man their search is becoming an absolute joke. 

• Plus1 8
1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

So....because he’s from Florida, people think he doesn’t like the weather in Florida and wants to leave?  

Hes sitting at at a school lift endless resources and has played for a championship recently. And has a great class coming in. 

I just dont see that it. 

What you describe is true.  With all that said, he'll never be more than the 3rd best coach in that division and as long as the talent is close to equal he has no shot beating Shaw at Stanford and Petersen @ UW.

6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So....because he’s from Florida, people think he doesn’t like the weather in Florida and wants to leave?  

Hes sitting at at a school lift endless resources and has played for a championship recently. And has a great class coming in. 

I just dont see that it. 

His current pipeline of his great recruiting class is the state of Florida. You can not get further away from the state of Florida than the state of Oregon, both geographically and in terms of climate. Good luck sustaining that pipeline long term.

Edited by BoneyardHusker

10 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

Todd Graham is a mega d-bag.  ASU is taking a page out of Nebraska's playbook w/ Pelini.

Plus you've got Sumlin floating out there who from all accounts is a good and decent guy.

Gotcha, I admittedly didn't know anything about him. Now I feel like those people who bag on us for firing Pelini for winning 9 games.

Multiple sources tell FootballScoop Florida went strong on Scott Frost…with several sources over the past few days telling FootballScoop Florida officials felt, despite Frost’s obvious connections to Nebraska, that they would wind up securing Frost as their next head coach. While that still might happen, a source told FootballScoop last night, Tom Osborne called Frost yesterday and told him it was time to come home. We were told Frost understood the message.

• Plus1 2

Just now, Red Five said:

Multiple sources tell FootballScoop Florida went strong on Scott Frost…with several sources over the past few days telling FootballScoop Florida officials felt, despite Frost’s obvious connections to Nebraska, that they would wind up securing Frost as their next head coach. While that still might happen, a source told FootballScoop last night, Tom Osborne called Frost yesterday and told him it was time to come home. We were told Frost understood the message.

I always thought this FootballScoop was click bait, yet some people said they were a credible source. Given the bolded part, I can't take them seriously.

• Plus1 9